Bumpy the TSN jumped ship! :((

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Anymore updates? How're Bumpy and Lumpy doing now?

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
RIP. Lumpy is gone. I came home today and he was belly up barely breathing, and when I pulled him out he was limp, and was barely breathing. His head had no skin at all left on it, and he had rubbed his eyes down also. I made a tough decision, and I think it's best that I ended it instead of letting him suffer til the end. He didn't even fight when I put him into a bag. I know some will criticize it, but I'd rather him not suffer anymore. Seeing his bare skull with eyes torn appart was enough to make my mind up for me. I feel horrible.

On the other hand bumpy(in the same qt tank) looks amazing after his ordeal on the floor. The tips of his fins and wiskers are gone as expected, but there's no infection. I pulled the last piece of dead tail off today and looks like the wiskers have the little bulbs on the ends that they get when they are growing back. Thanks for everyone's support.

Lumpy was my favorite. I know I posted more about the big boy, but lumpy never shyed away from me from day one. He ate from my hand at 1.5", and was always at the top of the water waiting for his handfed shrimp. After full he would swim through my hands constantly. After he skull became majorly deformed I forced fed him once to get him eating again. Since then he always ate from my hands and never ate anything but shrimp. I will eventually check for internal parasites and prepare my best skeletal display yet in his honor, but for now I am stricken with grief. Is it wrong for a grown man in the military to cry over a fish he hand fed for the last two years? He died at nearly 2 years and 25.5" in length.

:cry:

new fish 005.jpg

new fish 098.jpg

IMG_6012.JPG

IMG_5958.JPG

IMG_5421.JPG

IMG_5160.JPG

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I'm so sorry for your loss:cry: I always enjoyed seeing all the pictures of all your cats. Lumpy will be missed by me as well.

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Poorly Lumpy. Especially sorry that you also had to go through the pain of euthanizing your favorate fish. Horrible feeling. <sigh> ... i had to go through watching my first silver aro die right in front of a few years ago - the feeling of helplessness is horrible.

RIP Lumpy.

[enjoyable_attempt]

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2008
Cleveland Ohio
Being the fish lover I am this story made me really sad..I feel realy bad for ya man..

I do wish you the best with bumpy and hope he makes a great recovery. Please post pics of the skeleton when you are finished with it. Im sure its going to look absolutly amazing.

:rip Lumpy :rip

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
I will definitely do that.

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
Sorry for your loss man. And no it is not wrong.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store