2 oscars

1 giant red tail gourami

1 tiger shovel nose catfish

1 ornate bichir

Yannick-_-

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2020
Ok, but will it live or will it be bullied or beaten to death/eaten?

WalksWIthGobies

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2018
ames,iowa
Ok, but will it live or will it be bullied or beaten to death/eaten?
It's really not "OK". The highest temperature Koi will stay healthy at is lower than the lowest temperature most of the other fish you have will stay healthy at, unless you really don't care if you shorten the life of your fish or make them susceptible to continuous illness. I guess if you shorten the Koi's life it will eliminate the future problems you'll have with a fish that can get 3 feet long while also being massive.

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
Cyprinus rubrofuscus, the Amur carp, is a species of cyprinid fish. It is widespread in Eastern Asia where native to Laos, Vietnam and China from the Amur to Red River drainages. It has also been introduced outside its native range.[1] It is the wild form of the well known koi. It is known for its muddy flavor and boniness, hence, it is not commonly eaten by locals except when stewed.[2]

WalksWIthGobies

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2018
ames,iowa
Koi will thrive in warmer temperatures! They are NOT cold water fish although they can 'tolerate' colder temps. If the Koi you are planning to keep is large enough, I don't see any issues with the other fish you have listed.
The most common cold-water fish species is the goldfish, followed closely by its larger counterpart, the koi.
Even though koi can survive in extremely cold or very hot water, it does not mean that they do well at these temperatures. This is especially true if the extreme temperatures persist for long periods of time. Koi tend to do well when their water is around 65 degrees or slightly higher.
Coldwater fish in terms of the aquarium trade refers to any fish species that prefer cooler water temperatures. The optimal temperatures for these fish hover around the 68-degree mark, although each species’ temperature range may vary from the norm. The main take away message is that cold water fish like cooler waters compared to their tropical fish counterparts. Typically, these fish can survive at even lower temperatures for a period of time. The most notable fish species that you will see in chain stores that fit this category would be Koi, Goldfish, Zebra danios etc.
I could go on and on and on with sources. You are simply wrong and giving very bad advice.

TheBtchWhisperersWife

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2013
MoCo, Maryland
First -why would you want to do this?

Koi,
thrive in temperate, rather than tropical climates. They will eat almost anything offered but their dietary needs are way different from those of your predators. They produce large amounts of water and are prone to protozoan, bacterial, and parasitic infections when kept at persistent high temperatures and fed unsuitable foods.

It's a bad combination that could make ALL of your fish sick if disease anchors in one fish and spreads. Whether your fish beat the snot out of a koi depends on your individual fish and a variety of factors that are relatively hard to know unless you're a pet psychic (jk - they don't know).

That said, all but one respondent here is saying "whether they beat it up is not the primary concern," and we all gave pretty good reasons for it.

Reactions: jjohnwm and Ruturaj

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
The most common cold-water fish species is the goldfish, followed closely by its larger counterpart, the koi.
Even though koi can survive in extremely cold or very hot water, it does not mean that they do well at these temperatures. This is especially true if the extreme temperatures persist for long periods of time. Koi tend to do well when their water is around 65 degrees or slightly higher.
Coldwater fish in terms of the aquarium trade refers to any fish species that prefer cooler water temperatures. The optimal temperatures for these fish hover around the 68-degree mark, although each species’ temperature range may vary from the norm. The main take away message is that cold water fish like cooler waters compared to their tropical fish counterparts. Typically, these fish can survive at even lower temperatures for a period of time. The most notable fish species that you will see in chain stores that fit this category would be Koi, Goldfish, Zebra danios etc.
I could go on and on and on with sources. You are simply wrong and giving very bad advice.
goldfish and koi are from different lines of carp... goldfish were from the common carp whereas koi are from amur carp which are naturally found in southeast asia=tropical

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store