CHANNA SPECIES GUIDE : UPDATE IN PROGRESSION

Jungle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
Philippines
fishponder;2639788; said:
I'm a greenapple at this just would like to reply and get my post in for full registration.

I too am familiar with the Channa species but not as you are. In my area Philippines we have the Northern Snakehead (Channa Argus). Which when i first arrived was very relentless in hunting this species knowing that they have them here.

I captured a shoal and let them loose back in their habitat 2 months later.

I have experience breeding the Gachua type which was fairly easy during large water changes.

I would like to one day observe the Micropeltes type provided i can attain a large enough tank.

Maybe one day when i get your age hehe... the Barcas will be easily attainable and less expensive.

thanks for your time.

Hello fishponder,

Where in the PI are you from, we have 3 channa species (striata, melasoma, and reportedly maculata) that naturally occur in the PI but the argus isn't one of them. I initially thought we had argus as well, but they were maculata's. Where did you catch this shoal of argus from?

SaltyCrak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2009
earth
Hi

I was wondering if someone out there could help me identify a snakehead species.
see attached pics.

STATIC X

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2006
philippines
african snakehead is the best:headbang2to bad they not available here, or just I'm
not looking.... :eek:

Jungle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
Philippines
African Channa's are available in the PI, someone has recently imported what are supposed to be obscura's (hopefully the channa were correctly labeled this time). Where in the PI are you from?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store