CHINESE PERCH.....Siniperca chuatsi

Norbert

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
benzjamin13;4817317; said:
Yeah...I wish I was able to get mine off feeders, but it died before I could do it. I was only able to get it to accept a piece of shrimp once. The sad part was since I heard they liked cooler waters, I decided not to plug in my heater. Funny thing was...the day I decided I was going to plug back in the heater was the day I found him dead:( I think with the starving (2 weeks) and colder waters (59F) it didn't make it. It made it to 7"
Bummer man, they are difficult to get off feeders, movement sure seems to trigger them
Gucci;4817331; said:
i'm sooo jealous!!! impossible to get them here..
Well maybe someday

This one is a lot less outgoing most of the time but will be the first to eat shrimp I think, he'll eat dead feeders from my hand. There's way more red on him and you can see some of the scratches from the others teeth.

Maybe the more colorful ones are a different sex?

Norbert

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Anyone have experience keeping multiple specimens together longterm?

Maybe they'll grow out of this behavior..

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Wow beautiful fish! I wish they keep the red as well.

SnaKeheAdSrAwSomE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2008
wherever god takes me LOL
I got mine when he was barely an inch. I traded mine when he was like 9 inches to ted at All happy, and that's where i originally got it. he was being had fed with silversides and shrimp.
It was pretty hard to get him off live, but all i did was kill the feeders and feed them to him by hand then later on i would substitute the feeders with shrimp or krill and eventually silversides. had to get rid of him though becuase he ate one of my bichirs.
They're really cool fish.

Nice perches!

Norbert

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
bOOsteN aUdI;4818161; said:
Wow beautiful fish! I wish they keep the red as well.
Thanks man, that would be cool, from what I've seen from pics they still look pretty good when bigger

Zeppelin3k;4819252; said:
Cool perchs, keep us updated. they are sweet!
Thanks, will do

BODYDUB;4819298; said:
That's an awesome looking fish!!!!!!!
Agreed!!!

channarox;4820080; said:
Sweet looking perches bro!!! One of my favorites!
I wanna see the Lates Japonicus!
Thanks bro :D still trying to get some good shots...or even bad shots...of the little guy, he's a hider

studd muffin;4820256; said:
:)

SnaKeheAdSrAwSomE;4820327; said:
I got mine when he was barely an inch. I traded mine when he was like 9 inches to ted at All happy, and that's where i originally got it. he was being had fed with silversides and shrimp.
It was pretty hard to get him off live, but all i did was kill the feeders and feed them to him by hand then later on i would substitute the feeders with shrimp or krill and eventually silversides. had to get rid of him though becuase he ate one of my bichirs.
They're really cool fish.

Nice perches!
Thanks man, that's where I'm at with these guys with feeding, doubt if they're ever going to be eating chunks of shrimp that reach the bottom but I have a few other fish that will only eat non-live as it hits the water. I can definitely see them trying to eat a bichir!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store