CICHLID TANK AQUASCAPING!

mbunafishkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol (UK)
so i need a bit of help with Aquascaping my tanks. could you guys give me some ideas and post some pics for the ultimate cichlid aquascaping?

cheerz
Howard

skene

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
NYC
Let your mind go nuts. There are just too many ways you can landscape a tank. Do a search and find what works for you.

Also helps to know what kind of fish you are planning on keeping. African? CA? SA?
Go from there.

I even found websites that give you information on specific biotopes of regions.

mbunafishkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol (UK)
lol obviously SA,CA. JAG tank. Festae tank.

voss345

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
ct
skene;1678929; said:
Let your mind go nuts. There are just too many ways you can landscape a tank. Do a search and find what works for you.

Also helps to know what kind of fish you are planning on keeping. African? CA? SA?
Go from there.

I even found websites that give you information on specific biotopes of regions.
name of that website please? :naughty:

fishluvr12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2007
TN
Research the natural habitat and recreate it best as possible

japes

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Depends what you're after. Hard to make suggestions without any info given the huge variation in taste between peoples aquascaping, but if you aren't looking to have a bunch of territories and want a natural look, here's mine.

Not a full full tank shot, but you get the idea. Has changed ever so slightly (Removed dying Chain Swords to revitalize in planted tank, rescaped rocks on right hand side etc.) My terrible algae infestation is not a part of my planned aquascaping :p

Personally I'm a fan of GreenTerra's aquascaping too, the whole playsand with large scattered pieces of driftwood and nice clean lighting does it for me :p

barley pop

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2006
IL
it all depends on what you like... but here is my 125 to help with ideals

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store