clown loach without substrate

Heyitsduy42

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
SoCal 818 / OC 949
ckk125;2502863; said:
honestly, i prefer clowns to be kept in tanks with substrate..unfortunately, with my large clowns and arowana, it is quite hard to maintain the water quality..it gets bad pretty fast..and that is why im not using substrate anymore.

If possible, use the substrate, but if it is too difficult, forget it. i rather have a few clowns looking weird than to have them experiencing ammonia poisoning.

Thats the reason why I went with a baretank. I'm only home on the weekend and its so much easier to clean. My loaches seems happy.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
ewurm;2480753; said:
I think tanks without substrate suck. It's like being in a box of mirrors.
Not really, if you were on the inside looking out through the glass it doesn't look like a mirror. But yeah, I don't particularly like them either although they do have their place. My fry tanks and my delhezi grow-out tank are all bare bottom, simply because it makes it a heap easier to keep clean which is what really matters, I'm not keeping those tanks for aesthetic reasons. My other tanks though, including the loaches tanks, are all aquascaped with wood and substrate to make a natural-looking environment.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store