Convict Breeding plan

dzb912

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2007
illinois
Peacock ßass;2022948; said:
4$ ea females 5$ ea ther about 3-4in :irked:

but im gonna feed them to my cichla and well i heard i should feed them befor 1 in because they develope a boney back which could choke fish that eat them. do they add any color benifits? :grinno:
ya
they dont grow fast at all
that would take like 6 mounths
mabey a year
to get 3 or 4 inches
its not worth it for money
my lfs wont take any convicts for a penny let alone 4 bucks
they normally dont care about the sex of them

ANIMALHOUSE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2008
New York
been reading alot of the post and it's good Info.

ALOT OF MY LFS SELL CONVICTS FOR $7.99. I'm like are you crazy.

xiahaolong168

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 13, 2008
NEW YORK CITY
Peacock ßass;2019206; said:
^^ i love it im gonna attemt it. and im doing it for feeders and my LFS want to by convicts 2$ ea. so ima make so mula!!!!

damn... my lfs wouldnt even take it for 10cents a piece, and they would have to think about taking them for free! and your lfs is taking them for 2 dollars each...:irked:

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
you have to use 3 tanks or so.. they grow too slow... i tried doing this but i felt bad when it came down to feeding time, i am to kind hearted.. anyways to make them breed you start to feed them live foods, do a 5 percent water change everyday and raise the tank temp one degree for 3 days.. start at 78 and raise it to about 80 - 81 .. they will breed on the 3rd day

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
CONVICT BREEDING PLAN? :ROFL:

Heres my Convict breeding plan:

1. Place water in container

2. Place 2 convicts in a container

3. Collect fry

trixia

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
Canada
I agree with ewurm, pretty easy, here's a pic of my babies...there's like about 70 of them...lol. We just separated the parents from the babies, the male looked like he was trying to eat them. Sorry about the poor quality of photo tho, my phone camera sux and my batteries are dead in my good camera...lol.

kydsexy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2007
connecticut
haha theres another post on raising convicts and an ideal way to do it up here now. check that out. and breeding fry for feeders is much more involved than breeding fry for pets

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I plan on breedin convicts, but just as a treat. I think it is a must to still keep your fish on a staple of flake or pellet foods. I have plenty of time to let them grow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store