Votes: 44 84.6%

• Total voters

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
djdlemma;3629116; said:
I know I'm late, but I just got back from Vegas and it was AMAZING!!!! Filipino and Puerto Rican Pride was out there strong!! Bring on Mayweather!! Pinoys stand up!!!!!!!!
Mayweather suposedly wants a 60/40 split and he does not like Bob Arum who happens to promote Pac.Stay tuned.

aquatic_wonders

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2007
SOCAL
phillydog1958;3624686; said:
cotto's corner or the ref should've stopped it earlier. most boxers rarely ever want to quit in the midst of a fight, so it's up to others to protect the fighter. his corner must look out for his best interest. the referee is responsible to protect a fighter who is getting badly beaten and has no chance of winning. cotto needed someone to bail him out of that fight. it's a matter of safety.
Agreed...see what happend recently to another Pinoy Boxer who fought last Friday Z Gorres on the last round he got smacked in the head and got knock out by his opponent but Z still won by unanimous decision and after celebrating for a few minutes in the ring he colapsed and was taken to the hospital and had recently undergone brain surgery.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
He got knocked but he still won,how'd that happen?

aquatic_wonders

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2007
SOCAL
krichardson;3629188; said:
He got knocked but he still won,how'd that happen?
Not really knock out my bad he was still able to stand up before the 10 count and save by the bell too on the last round and I think he was leading on the judges score card on most of the rounds so he won unanimous decision.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
aquatic_wonders;3629195; said:
Not really knock out my bad he was still able to stand up before the 10 count and save by the bell too on the last round and I think he was leading on the judges score card on most of the rounds so he won unanimous decision.
Oh okay.That reminds me of the fight between Meldrick Taylor and Julio Caesar Chavez.Taylor had just about won every round but then gets knocked out in the last seconds of the 12th because the ref did'nt like the look on Taylors face.He felt that he was out on his feet and stopped the fight with less than ten seconds before the final bell.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
krichardson;3629218; said:
Oh okay.That reminds me of the fight between Meldrick Taylor and Julio Caesar Chavez.Taylor had just about won every round but then gets knocked out in the last seconds of the 12th because the ref did'nt like the look on Taylors face.He felt that he was out on his feet and stopped the fight with less than ten seconds before the final bell.
Meldrick Taylor's story is sad. Dude was truly gifted. He was lighting Chavez up like X-mas tree but was slowly taking big shots from Chavez also and they started to add up. There is a lot of contraversy to that stoppage. A lot feel the ref should've let him finish the fight, he would've won by decision I believe.

Taylor was NEVER the same after that. The media had him on a pedestal and after that fight, they completely tossed him out like garbage. He came back to fight after that and was never the same again. Now if you hear him speak his speech is very slurred and dude just don't seem right upstairs anymore. poor guy

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Very well put,it seemed like he did'nt have the best guidance from his managers.Even though that fight took a lot out of him,he was in some really tough bouts afterward that he should'nt have been in.I actually used to see him around town but not recently.

djdlemma

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2007
Seattle, WA
www.facebook.com
krichardson;3629166; said:
Mayweather suposedly wants a 60/40 split and he does not like Bob Arum who happens to promote Pac.Stay tuned.
The official PPV numbers come out today. But boxing critics say that Pacquiao/Cotto smashed Mayweather/Marquez in PPV orders. They said that People only want to see someone shut up Mayweather and beat him, thats why they order, but when people order a Pacquiao fight, they really want to watch PacMan. They also said Mayweather is lucky to get 35%.

Now talks are that the fight will be in Louisiana.......

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
djdlemma;3629369; said:
The official PPV numbers come out today. But boxing critics say that Pacquiao/Cotto smashed Mayweather/Marquez in PPV orders. They said that People only want to see someone shut up Mayweather and beat him, thats why they order, but when people order a Pacquiao fight, they really want to watch PacMan. They also said Mayweather is lucky to get 35%.

Now talks are that the fight will be in Louisiana.......
I can see that,Floyd has become such a low class guy of late.I dont understand how he gets a kick out of flaunting the money that the viewers put in his pockets,just like most of the rappers.New Oleans is an interesting choice for a fight site.

R1_Ridah

In Loving Memory
Apr 4, 2005
WEST COAST
LOL... I just saw this video. Pretty funny...

Same hook, roll unda, same hook roll unda...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TTpS6yuK14

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1TTpS6yuK14&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1TTpS6yuK14&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Not against Cotto but just hella funny..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store