Creating natural, functional cichlid display tanks

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Stanzzzz7 Stanzzzz7 I am not sure/can't remember if this has been suggested. I personally would love to learn more about your approach through specific examples.
By this I mean, a walk through of your thoughts and how you would/have construct/ed a tank for a certain species. Why you chose the plants, the sand, the decor, the numbers you chose and dithers.
I would love to see:
green terror tanks
Firemouths
Geo's
How you shape tanks for SA vs CA cichlids

Just a thought as your unique and well planned set ups could teach members a lot.
I would not mind doing that but I’m not sure there is enough interest on this forum in that area of the hobby ( I could be wrong)
I remember when the biotope section of the forum opened, it was quite quickly shut down again.
I think the bulk of members here are after all” monster fish keepers”
If I thought enough people were interested then yes, I would be happy to share.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I would not mind doing that but I’m not sure there is enough interest on this forum in that area of the hobby ( I could be wrong)
I remember when the biotope section of the forum opened, it was quite quickly shut down again.
I dont think this forum has as many monster fishkeepers as it used to, it seems more a general fishkeeping site these days.
I would be interested to read the "biotope guides" if you feel like posting any.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I dont think this forum has as many monster fishkeepers as it used to, it seems more a general fishkeeping site these days.
I would be interested to read the "biotope guides" if you feel like posting any.
I will post in this thread future set ups as the are made.

Reactions: RD.

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
Biotope is the norm of public aquariums, but not of much interest in this forum and in the hobby in general. I visited many public aquariums and would rate Chicago Shred Aquarium having the best freshwater biotope representation in the planet. Monster fish keeping is more Asian than American or European. Lately, large cichlid keeping is in a decline and replaced with smaller fish in my region as I saw less big cichlid sale in local club auctions. Not sure if it is a nation wide trend or just regional

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store