Damn, my little albino SH is a killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
You know I said I bought a 4+ inch spotted gar at the same time?

Well the little channa killed it today. This little guy. About 3.5 inches.

Unbelievable. I saw the channa go for it a couple of times yesterday, but thought nothing of it, the gar just darted of, didn't think it was anything serious.

Today I came back to see the gar floating around with lacerations and blood on his side. Didn't look like a fatal wound, but was obviously enough for a baby fish.

And the little channa was still trying to bite him when he was dead :D hahahahahha.

This made me think it HAS to be an albino of a giant snakehead. I can't imagine any other type of SH being this aggressive at this size. He's tiny, looks like a tadpole. He's gonna grow into a killer.

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
My condolences... I actually thought about that happening in your first post. :( Juvie spotted gars are also quite sensative @t that size... tend to panic and dart around, usually ramming the sides of the tank. Perhaps that albino is a redline sh??... :confused:

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
thanks guys, and yes to be honest I think this is an albino red snakehead.

The red snakehead I had when I was 10/11/12 was the most aggressive fish I've seen. And for it to be a killer at only 3.5 inches it must surely be a red.

Also - as you can see it still looks underdeveloped. If it was a smaller species of SH it would look more developed at this size and less tadpole like.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
At least you no longer have to worry about the gar not eating.

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
I've never seen such an aggressive juvenile fish.

I put in a big fat molly type thing, wolf food, but I wanted to feed it today, so I kept it with the SH overnight.

The molly is almost as long as the SH, and much much fatter.

Clearly too big to be looked upon as food, but that has not stopped the SH from chasing constantly and tearing it to shreds.

I can't wait to see what this thing is like when it's an adult.

It also eats loads, almost as much as my bigger fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store