Decision Time do I go to Fluval FX 5 or ehiem

xdragonxb0i

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2009
Arkansas
im just gonna copy and paste this

if you don't mind modifying your equipment, i would go with a modified fx5.

I just bought and installed a 2262 tonight. It was alot more complicated to set up, it comes with a non-visual Manuel.

Noise wise, i cant really tell, if anything the 2262 is louder, but 2262 pumps are on top next to my head, where the fx5 is muffled by water. sound doenst play a role for me because its in the living room and it cant be heard. the loudest thing on my tank is the air pump.

considering that you can buy a fx5 for 250 on ebay, with all media. i regret my buy because i could buy 3 fx5 for the one 2262 ($750) with pump and media. I will keep the 2262, and hopefully get 20 years out of it like some guys on here.

the only problem i have so far with the fx5, is the return hose, it needs to be clamp or a zip tie, the nozzle keep coming off from the returning water. or a spray bar.

hansolo5589

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2009
malaysia
well sump would do for u ....build a sump bro...i think its much cheaper to build a sump rather thn getting a fx5 or even a eheim filters...

those filters cost alot in my country ...i really cant afford tht ...so whn i did build my sump its much muuch much cheaper...
its also fun thou its a DIY project ... thts my opinion bro...

sump always rocks......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store