pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
mel_cp6;2615575; said:
i meant i was going to use two 3/4" pipe for overflow and
1/2" piping for the return since most pumps are 1/2 anyways.

let me know what you think.
thanks
figure out what pump you're getting first and then figure out the PVC size. (already were told that)

good price for the pump CHOMPERS showed

oops, beat me

mel_cp6

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
t.dot
sorry, i apologize.

its just that the local hardware and home depot only carried the 1/2 and 3/4 pvc pipe for some reason.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
mel_cp6;2615723; said:
sorry, i apologize.

its just that the local hardware and home depot only carried the 1/2 and 3/4 pvc pipe for some reason.
seriously? that doesn't make any sense. are you sure you're looking in the right area? :ROFL: all joking aside, I don't see how they can't, but that's uber lame if they don't.

mel_cp6

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
t.dot
they dont even carry the pvc pipes that i need. they only have the flexible ones and not the solid pipes.

i need to find these on the net or a local plumbing shop.

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
mel_cp6;2615723; said:
sorry, i apologize.

If you lived on Key West, I might buy that. However I have been to the HD in the Keys. Even they have a full range of PVC sizes. There isn't a hardware store in the world that is going to have only "1/2 and 3/4 pvc pipe for some reason". The demand for larger sizes is too great.

mel_cp6

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
t.dot
HD here does not carry them.
actually they only have 90 degree elbows available in the 1/2 and 3/4 pvc.
thats it, no Ts, caps, ball valve and so on.
however, they do have everything else in 2" and up.

i tried another local plumbing store and nothing.
going to try a pond store tomorrow and if not im going to find a pool supply store.

i can order the parts online but i can not find a local shop
that carries the 1" pvc pipes.

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Have the service desk page someone in plumbing to show you where they are. One inch plumbing is a staple to plumbers. They can't get by without 1.25 and 1.5 inch plumbing either. Small hardware stores in a Home Depot dominated market are quick to exploit any short comings in HD. They have to to survive.

mel_cp6

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
t.dot
well i tried another HD and no luck.
also tried going to local pond shop but they were close. (for the season it looks like) i'll try again on the weekend.

maybe its out of season or something. cant even order the elbows and tees and so on since i cant find the pipes locally. if i buy the pipe from pvcfittings.com, i can only get them in 1, 2, or 4 ft which means i will most likely be wasting a lot of pipes. plus anything longer that 8 ft wont do, due to shipping fees.

really thinking of buying one of those hang on back overflow right now.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
The HOB overflows might be your best option right now.

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Where are you from?

HD will bring in parts from another store if they don't have it, and they won't charge for shipping. But really, they do have it. Just ask.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store