Electric Blue Carpintis Cichlid ??

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
With only a common (made up) name, there's no telling what its exact genetics are. Your best bet would be to ask the person that sold it to you.

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
If you take care of him, he should.
I grew these guys out from 2 or three inches. Oscar scratched my acrylic up really bad with mouth and I gave him to lady down the street, I sold the jack with a tank I had and flowerhorn aka "cobra bubbles" is very loved by the family.IMG_20160530_112441226.jpg IMG_20160511_202340659_TOP.jpgIMG_20170216_203515430.jpg

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
With only a common (made up) name, there's no telling what its exact genetics are. Your best bet would be to ask the person that sold it to you.
ya he was sold as electric blue carpintinis what ever that is. lol

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
It is a carpintis, I have raised a few of them over the years, they get about 10-12" for a male and very aggressive. May or may not work out with green terror depending on the tank size. Very nice fish when they get larger

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
It is a carpintis, I have raised a few of them over the years, they get about 10-12" for a male and very aggressive. May or may not work out with green terror depending on the tank size. Very nice fish when they get larger
the tank is 125 gal 72" long i got green terror about 2.5", parrot flowerhon 2", and the carpintis 2". there are also 3, 4" severums in there but they will be coming out in near future.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Might be fine in a 125, hard to say really but I would keep a divider on hand just in case and try to keep an eye on the tank, divide if needed. And be willing to make adjustments if it isn't working out.

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
Might be fine in a 125, hard to say really but I would keep a divider on hand just in case and try to keep an eye on the tank, divide if needed. And be willing to make adjustments if it isn't working out.
wow that aggressive!? i hate when fish get like that it ruins the multi monsters in one tank thing. its ok and entertaining when they pick at each other but when they start fighting to death is no good. thanks for the good info i will definitely be watching out for this guy.

Reactions: Aicdt97

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
With the amount of hybrids floating around in the hobby, including crosses of H. cyanoguttatus & H. carpintis, I wouldn't be too quick to be definitive about anything sold with "electric" in the name. That was the point that I was attempting to make.

I own H. carpintis "Escondido", so I am well aware of what an H. carpintis looks like.

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
With the amount of hybrids floating around in the hobby, including crosses of H. cyanoguttatus & H. carpintis, I wouldn't be too quick to be definitive about anything sold with "electric" in the name. That was the point that I was attempting to make.

I own H. carpintis "Escondido", so I am well aware of what an H. carpintis looks like.
You have pick of your h. carpintis? i would like to make comparison. maybe i need to let mine grow out to get a better description. i understand were your coming from, we have got these all these fish mutted up pretty good. i myself like all these cross breeds. never know what your gonna get. The bad thing is, in the wrong hands it could be bad for the enviroment. From my experience the texas and convict cichlid will breed with almost anything that wants to breed. do you know is the texas a type of carpintis? I have been told no.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store