Status
Not open for further replies.

andregurov

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
future wetlands, Louisiana
ultimatejay;3745882; said:
After all, this website is not all about posting pics of rare fish but to help other people on setups, maintenance, care, etc.
Actually, MFK is around to "take it to the next level", if I recall the ads correctly.

Picking fights with two hobbyists I admire and respect seems a bizarre way to "help other people on setups, maintenance, care, etc." in my opinion.

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
ultimatejay;3745882; said:
Wes, this isnt' a negative comment? I showed you a picture and it's not a very good picture as it's a polaroid from the 80's, but any well known rare hobbiest could have ID'd that Korean perch. Why would I f-ing lie about it? I told you and showed you a picture of it and you still won't believe me so yes, I have a hard time liking you. Not only that but I consistantly went into your shop and have bought many high dollar fish from you and gave you many great compliments on your importing and rare fish. But then I stopped coming to your shop because everytime me and my friends and people that I know would try and buy a fish that you had in your shop you would't sell it to us. Me and several others tried to buy fish from you and you would not sell them because you wanted them for yourself, only to come find out that the fish ended up dying in your shop. I tried to support you and your shop but when you slam the door in my face, that's when I stopped. You are a very good Importer and hobbiest, you just need to learn how to seperate the two from eachother. And I don't know what your talking about negative posts. Search all my posts, and aside from some debating they have all been positive compliments and support. Besides, if you're not going to post or stop coming on account of one guy, how pathetic is that?

just to be clear, I neve slammed the door in your face or anyone else's. I've always treated you guys with respect. As a store owner that is a hobbyist as well, have the prerogative to sell or keep a fish. If it wasn't so, I would just be another mom and pop shop with neons and guppies I think.

Cheers all! Lets all try to get along, I've been preaching this get along theme for years, but nobody listens. Ask anyone in the hobby, I don't talk trash about other's collection nor do I do anything malicous to the hobby. I would never rat anyone out to fish and wildlife and such, and I've heard of others wanting to do so.

And Jarret, just remember your Lates japoncius came from me too :) indirectly

ashdavid

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2005
Japan
ultimatejay;3745945; said:
Ok, plain and simple. Since you don't have a video camera. All I ask is that you post pictures of your complete collection of fish. Full tankshots of all your fishtanks. This should not take you very long to do and I don't want any photoshopping done. Just point, shoot and post. Very easy to do. If you do this I will never confront you or bother you again. This is a very simple request that 99.9% of hobbiest would be willing to do.

Thanks,

Jarrett
I have nothing to prove, and on top of that what will I acheive by posting pics? As for the photoshop remark, you obviously don't shoot in RAW b/c if you did you will realize that some form of post processing is need to get the correct whitebalance ect when you save to JPEG.

So you can go ahead and put me in that 0.01% bracket, b/c as I have said earlier, I don't feel like posting pics for the time being.

For the other people who genuinely just love looking at peoples fish pics, I am sure I will post again but I just want to take a break for the time being. Thanks for all the nice comments and PM's it is appreciated.

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
fugupuff;3745970; said:
just to be clear, I neve slammed the door in your face or anyone else's. I've always treated you guys with respect. As a store owner that is a hobbyist as well, have the prerogative to sell or keep a fish. If it wasn't so, I would just be another mom and pop shop with neons and guppies I think.

Cheers all! Lets all try to get along, I've been preaching this get along theme for years, but nobody listens. Ask anyone in the hobby, I don't talk trash about other's collection nor do I do anything malicous to the hobby. I would never rat anyone out to fish and wildlife and such, and I've heard of others wanting to do so.

And Jarret, just remember your Lates japoncius came from me too :) indirectly
I have never trash talked anyone elses collection either but if you can't handle a little debate here and there, then don't go on the internet.

Wes, I have tried to pm you about fish I know you had in stock for sale and you blew me off several times, so yes, indirectly is the only way with you for me. Don't worry, I won't bother you anymore and if you don't want me to debate with you then don't come open your mouth and take stabs at me on someone elses thread that has no relation to you.

BraveheartCalif

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2005
Bermuda
Healthy scepticism is important but I dont see any evidence that would warrant this kind of suspicion. Before ww lost tons of pics on key threads. And may i add never to be recovered. There was more pics of his tanks then you could imagine. I know they existed because i saw them. And my join date pre-dates around 2000 formerly known as PF.

ultimatejay;3745945; said:
Ok, plain and simple. Since you don't have a video camera. All I ask is that you post pictures of your complete collection of fish. Full tankshots of all your fishtanks. This should not take you very long to do and I don't want any photoshopping done. Just point, shoot and post. Very easy to do. If you do this I will never confront you or bother you again. This is a very simple request that 99.9% of hobbiest would be willing to do.

Thanks,

Jarrett

BOTR

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2006
Wow, I never thought I'd see the day when people were attacked for showing such rare and wonderful fish. I just can't make sense of it. Some people live miserable lives, and I guess we are seeing that caryover in this thread....... ;)

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
ashdavid;3746012; said:
I have nothing to prove, and on top of that what will I acheive by posting pics? As for the photoshop remark, you obviously don't shoot in RAW b/c if you did you will realize that some form of post processing is need to get the correct whitebalance ect when you save to JPEG.

So you can go ahead and put me in that 0.01% bracket, b/c as I have said earlier, I don't feel like posting pics for the time being.

For the other people who genuinely just love looking at peoples fish pics, I am sure I will post again but I just want to take a break for the time being. Thanks for all the nice comments and PM's it is appreciated.
That's funny. I have asked you time and time again throughout several years to post pics of your collection and full tankshots and you always back out with the same lame excuse, that you're too busy, or there is not enough room to enable a full tank shot or some lame excuse. This is a very easy task and would not take more than 15 to 30 minutes to complete. What do you have to hide? Why is this so hard for you to do?

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
BOTR;3746025; said:
Wow, I never thought I'd see the day when people were attacked for showing such rare and wonderful fish. I just can't make sense of it. Some people live miserable lives, and I guess we are seeing that caryover in this thread....... ;)
Who's being attacked? Is this monsterguppykeeping or what? All I ever said was that this is a nice rare fish but most likely is not the only one in the world. How is that attacking? You guys are so freaking sensitive. Grow some balls or something.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com