FREE Fibreglass tank with viewing panel.

Lotsoffishandthings

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2024
Well from my perspective this tank is going, it's already a done deal in my head. So there'll be no problems on my end, I guarantee you that.

However, I know how fickle the housing game is, all sorts of things could scupper our plans at your end. So for the time being we can only hope that things go swimmingly for you.

Even if you don't find the right property until 2026/27 that still works for me. There's no massive rush, it's just nice to have some sort of a provisional plan in place.

Nearer the time I could give you my postcode and you could even come up one Saturday/Sunday morning and have a look at it running. You'll obviously need to measure it up too so you're confident it'll comfortably go where you want it.

All the filtration will be with it too, along with pumps, power heads, heaters, canopy, the full works.
Yeah, I’m hoping to move sooner rather than later but you never know. All the stars have gotta align just right. When we bought our current house it was second choice due to the chain collapsing on the first choice (which incidentally had both a large garage and outbuilding). Although, current house is in a more desirable area so should be quicker to shift fingers crossed.

Fortunately, the other half is a conveyancer. So once we find somewhere she’ll take over and let me know when it’s time to move.

Yeah cheers, will come have a look once I’ve got an idea of where it’ll be going. What are the dimensions?

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
What are the dimensions?
The outer dimensions of the actual tank are, Length 77", Width 44", Height 32". It's not really that heavy either being fibreglass. It's a two man job.

But it is currently on a stand I built for it because I didn't want it just sitting on the floor, and I built a canopy for it too.

So, the length and width are the same as above but with the stand and canopy factored in, the total height is 49", which I find is just a nice height.

The canopy and stand are yours if you want them. I'd highly recommend that you set it up exactly as I have because the current height is perfect for the filtration I have on it. But you might have completely different plans, it's your call.

If things go to plan you'll see it for yourself in time anyway.

Lotsoffishandthings

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2024
The outer dimensions of the actual tank are, Length 77", Width 44", Height 32". It's not really that heavy either being fibreglass. It's a two man job.

But it is currently on a stand I built for it because I didn't want it just sitting on the floor, and I built a canopy for it too.

So, the length and width are the same as above but with the stand and canopy factored in, the total height is 49", which I find is just a nice height.

The canopy and stand are yours if you want them. I'd highly recommend that you set it up exactly as I have because the current height is perfect for the filtration I have on it. But you might have completely different plans, it's your call.

If things go to plan you'll see it for yourself in time anyway.
Yeah would make sense to take the canopy and stand. I can’t foresee a situation where vertical space is the limitation.

Good to know it’s a two man job, will just be a case of hiring a van then.

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I'll post a few pics tomorrow now I know this marketplace section allows that.

By the way, that overall length I quoted of 77" is for the actual tank. The barrel which houses my trickle filter is placed at the side of the tank, so of course that takes up a bit of extra length too, around another 20", so tank and filtration around 97".

The total width of my fish room is about 109". The tank and filtration barrel comfortably fit in that gap leaving me about 12" of wiggle room down the side of the tank.

The pictures I post tomorrow will give you a better idea.

Reactions: Lotsoffishandthings

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Here's a few pictures to give you an idea of size and set up.

Like I said before the total width of the room is around 109". You can see that the whole set up fits snuggly into that space leaving about 12" wiggle room on the left so I can reach sockets.

The stand has two removable panels on the front. There is storage space underneath for your stuff.

Lights will sit on top of the clear polycarbonate sheet on the canopy.
IMG_20241025_144420_HDR.jpg
IMG_20241025_144547_HDR.jpg
IMG_20241025_144605_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Midwater
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store