flukeone

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2019
Mauritius
Nice tank. What size is it?

Did you secure the flaps in the lid?

4ft wide by 2ft deep and high

Right now the lid flaps are heavy enough. I've been thinking of a way to secure it since this morning. I just tried hotglueing some velcro strips but it was less than ideal. The next tank i'll be building outdoor on the patio will have an actual lockable lid.

Concerning the aro; lfs gave me some antibiotic powder to help fin regrowth. I've put just a small dose in the tank more for my peace of mind than anything else. I know it's not fin rot but can't help feeling uneasy looking at the fin...

Just did a 30/40% wc

Reactions: adamsfishes

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

Right now the lid flaps are heavy enough. I've been thinking of a way to secure it since this morning. I just tried hotglueing some velcro strips but it was less than ideal. The next tank i'll be building outdoor on the patio will have an actual lockable lid.

Concerning the aro; lfs gave me some antibiotic powder to help fin regrowth. I've put just a small dose in the tank more for my peace of mind than anything else. I know it's not fin rot but can't help feeling uneasy looking at the fin...

Just did a 30/40% wc

Did the lfs tell you if the antibiotic powder was safe for the bacteria in your filter?

flukeone

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2019
Mauritius
Did the lfs tell you if the antibiotic powder was safe for the bacteria in your filter?
No idea? but the lady there put some in her betta tank to show me the dosage... I didn't put much anyway... Like 5-6 fine salt crystal sized crystals. That's like not even 1/10 of the required dosage ?I also bought aquarium salt and this: 15708834082187396587417718111501.jpg

For now i think i'll only add some salt and leave it alone

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
No idea? but the lady there put some in her betta tank to show me the dosage... I didn't put much anyway... Like 5-6 fine salt crystal sized crystals. That's like not even 1/10 of the required dosage ?I also bought aquarium salt and this: View attachment 1391388

For now i think i'll only add some salt and leave it alone

Yes a full dosage probably would wipe out your Nitrifying Beneficial Bacteria. Personally would test my water parameters for a few days.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand

Just did a 30/40% wc
Out of curiosity what did your find was less than ideal about using the velcro strips? I'm at the moment contemplating how to secure the lids of new diy pvc/plastic screen tops I'm making for my aro tanks, and was thinking to first try velcro (but w/o hot glueing).

flukeone

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2019
Mauritius
Out of curiosity what did your find was less than ideal about using the velcro strips? I'm at the moment contemplating how to secure the lids of new diy pvc/plastic screen tops I'm making for my aro tanks, and was thinking to first try velcro (but w/o hot glueing).
I added the velcro strip underneath the flap and that created a small gap between the lid and the flap. I could make a velcro strap on the outside but i want to explore other more aesthetically pleasing options first

Reactions: islandguy11

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska

Just did a 30/40% wc
120, sweet dimensions and would make an awesome sump/refugium when you upgrade to an 8 x 3 or 8 x 4
I use my 150 as a sump for the 450 and love it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store