MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Yes, it's a top down view. I failed to mention that.

Each of the socks in the 3 sock array will be suspended to keep them from becoming entangled or collapsing on each other. I'll probably put plastic rings inside them to keep them open too.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Man I wish I was your neighbor I would be hitting you up to "Store" some of my Monster Cats at your place to check out the project. And ofcourse help with the project so I could get in on looking at it.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Don't need to clamp it. It's not going to be the seal. I'm just using it to coat the wood then I'll sand it a little to rough it up for the Dow sealant to have a better grip on it. The wood shouldn't come in contact with any water, but I'm just giving myself a little assurance.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Horizontal inserted into a face board that has 3 holes cut in it. Inside each pair of socks will be several plastic rings to keep them open. The tail of each pair will be tethered to the end of the run to keep them from contacting each other.

Right side first array in example:

|===========>---
|===========>---
|===========>---

No water can bypass the arrays and there will be a 200 micron prefilter in the intake before the water enters the first arrays.

The sump is essentially siamese twin sock filter/scrubbie filters that share a common intake and pump chamber. The intake is sort of like the leaf intake on a swimming pool, except it won't allow anything that big in.

The pump chamber will contain pumps for the 4 12 gallon canisters and the return pumps back to the tank. The return plumbing for the sump pumps will exit at pretty much the same level as the pump outputs and will have eductors on the ends to increase flow in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store