Fish Room Redux - 3600+ Gallon Plywood Tank Build

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
It was going to stay before because it was below the water level of the tank, but I found a design flaw that I'm fixing now. The greatest pressure is at the bottom of the tank, so I'm building it the same as the top is now with 2x10's all the way across. It's going to be so much stronger than it was before. Over-built for sure, but can't be too safe when the wall is shared with the dining room. The outlet will be gone though and the wiring rerouted above the tank in the front wall.

Lil_Stinker

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
State of Emergency
nolapete;3501903; said:
.... The greatest pressure is at the bottom of the tank, so I'm building it the same as the top is now with 2x10's all the way across. It's going to be so much stronger than it was before. Over-built for sure, but can't be too safe when the wall is shared with the dining room. The outlet will be gone though and the wiring rerouted above the tank in the front wall.
Good point, and good call.. Glad to see things moving forward again.

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
Yeah good call...all it would take is a tiny little leak to burn the place down...and I would bet homeowners wouldn't cover something like that...idk.

Good thing is if another Katrina rolls through and blows the house down the tank will still be there when you get home :D

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Uggh, don't you hate finding things that need to be redone. Having to redesign the entire front now to do it right.

Going to start a new thread so people don't have to read through all of this to get to where the build is now.

Admin please close this thread.

Lil_Stinker

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
State of Emergency
nolapete;3504128; said:
... Going to start a new thread so people don't have to read through all of this to get to where the build is now.

Admin please close this thread.
Don't close it till you post a link to the new thread (Please)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store