free big catfish need homes/trip to washington to save them

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
polish;4530400; said:
Did you weigh any of the fish? Just curious.
no we did not get a chance, sorry, i should have made provisions for that, but i will when we move them into there big tank,
bigrich

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
*** UPDATE***
ok guys here are some more pics of us after we carried the fish to the pool, remember the water is from the trip, we took out enough to put in the pool so we moved the fish from there water to there water, then we kept adding fresh dechlored water till it was full
#1 tracy vacuming the floor from all the water
#2 starting to fill the pool with water, all the cats are in the pool now

DSCF6193.JPG

DSCF6197.JPG

doubledragon

The House Of Endlie
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
ohio
Looking good. I can't wait to check them out.

Captnslapy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Vermilion, Ohio
I was looking at this with my 5 year old son and he wants to know when we can put fish in his pool. We have a 15 ft one that looks the same. If only it would fit in the garage.

guanl23

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Ohio
its like you guys raided a zoo aquarium, lol.
btw, i live near Cleveland and i really miss aquarium adventure :( i got my first clown knife from there

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
guanl23;4533005; said:
its like you guys raided a zoo aquarium, lol.
btw, i live near Cleveland and i really miss aquarium adventure :( i got my first clown knife from there
stop on by my house i have all aquarium adventures tanks and i also have a clown knife for sale :) you'll feel right at home, i also have bert and gus, the giant gouramis that were there that everyone used to handfeed, just pm me before you want to come over and ill give you the address, there is always someone here :) and now you can see these monster monster fish that i just picked up from washington.
bigrich

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
-brad-;4532757; said:
great work
thanks, were battling the water parameters right now, the new filters are doing a good job, but i like my water buffered and i cant get it that way untill the filters cycle to the amount of fish that are in the pool, but we built a huge filter today using large walmart tubs and filled the bottom one up with 20 gallons of used bio balls, and the second tub we stacked on top of it, we had drilled 50 or so holes in it, and filled it with fiber floss and made a spreader bar on top of it, we drilled a 1-14 hole in the top and inserted the hose from a mag 18.6 pump, it pushes 2000 gallons per hour,
then we drilled 5 1" holes in the bottom of the bottom tub and turned it on, it cleaned up the water alot faster than the first filter we built and it had a much higher flow rate, thanks to doubledragon (he lent me the pump that we are using at the moment) so anyway, after checking and doublechecking and doing 800 gallon water changes, i think we have the filter system that will work for a while the nitrates are now showing up so i know the bacteria are doing there jobs and turning the amonia into nitrites and the nitrites into nitrates, also there are 3 other smaller filters at work too, here is a picture of the filter, i know it is ugly, but it does the job, so we can calm down around here and get caught up on real life for a minute

IMAG0300.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store