FRESHWATER STONE FISH!

Gucci

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2007
Germany
Mudfrog;1956032; said:
Not extremely poisonous.. some could make your arm go numb for a little while from what I read but nothing life threatening..
Ive heard they are very poisonous. Fishbase.org tells the same.

eaglesWR7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
ive had my osytertoad fishes for a while now. they grunt when they get hungry for me lol. I had mine in complete saltwatet setup for years now.

aggressor09

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2007
Queens, NY
fw stonefish that you find commonly in lfs's are theoretically brackish, but i had kept a few in my store for quite some time in total fresh and they did fine (till i quit, had them a couple months, cant tell you what happend after)
they are interesting specimens to house but they are just kindof lay and pray predators from my experience. dont move unless something edible swims in front of them. nevertheless, an interesting though slightly boring species tank idea.

Cammo X

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2007
Australia
www.facebook.com
I Own 3 Australian Bullrout/Stoneys and they are one of my fav fish! only eat live food from my experience. I dunno bout the ones you guys have in the states but get stung by one of these mothers and you will be off ya face in a matter of time, grogy, stinging, swelling all the symtoms and in some cases they are fatal. I love owning these fish there just so brutal when they smack feeders and they look unreal and yes they are ambush predators so dont expect it to go swimming all the time on its mary way! i'll post a pic for ya. I have kept mine in total fresh also.

Have a look in my vids and you can see how bullrout attack there prey ! !

Cammo X

000_0640.jpg

loachman09

Feeder Fish
Sep 5, 2009
bellflower, ca
i got one, well see how long it lasts, ive had if for 5 days, i saw it eat the first day but hasnt aten since that i know of so im kinda worried about that, theyre very kool, venomous to some extent, and makes a weird buzzing n croaking sound

borkowski66

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2009
Pa
Ive had mine about a year now, been doing well its about 7 inches. I add a cup of marine salt every water change, it lives in my 125 gallon with an adult male festae so i dont like to add to much salt.

Tommy_volter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2008
brisbane
Cammo X;2057175; said:
I Own 3 Australian Bullrout/Stoneys and they are one of my fav fish! only eat live food from my experience. I dunno bout the ones you guys have in the states but get stung by one of these mothers and you will be off ya face in a matter of time, grogy, stinging, swelling all the symtoms and in some cases they are fatal. I love owning these fish there just so brutal when they smack feeders and they look unreal and yes they are ambush predators so dont expect it to go swimming all the time on its mary way! i'll post a pic for ya. I have kept mine in total fresh also.

Have a look in my vids and you can see how bullrout attack there prey ! !

Cammo X
how big is he? i kept one for about a year without live food.

awesome fish, mine disappeared. i think the barra ate him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store