FW Sting Ray in Texas???????????

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Have him explain why they are legal "right now" but have never been legal prior to this.
I've never heard that name for a freshwater ray. Do you have a pic of it by any chance?

Is this from that shop off Greenville Ave in Dallas?

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
OK, the guy that knows about the ray said that the name is D. Sobina, again I have no idea what that is and then I asked hime how come it is not illegal and he said that it is illegal for some people to bring them into Texas but its ok to sell them sometimes.:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Waldo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Spokane WA
He probably means Potamotrygon scobina, but I beleive that is a flat ray. Typically another ray called teacup when they are young. Very possible though. The lip curling is a typical thing to see. they are pulling water through there mouth to see if there are any free meals near by.

xxblwn408

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
iN A sMALL pADDeD RoOm
Hell, If a LFS was selling it here I would pick it up in a heartbeat. If they are saying it is legal then I would think ALL blame would fall on them.:naughty: "But officer I didn't know they were illegal."
Its so funny what some LFS will do. One here had 4 TSN for sale and they are illegal in Hawaii. They were being sold as tiger planicepcs. All 4 were gone the next day.

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
Ok , the closest name I can find is P. scobina. But I cant find a picture of one on the net. But there is no way Im buying that ray, dont need any trouble with the law, just sucks that Im being lied to by a bif lfs like that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store