Giant Male Marble Rescued and TLC'd

TheFishJunky

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2008
Jersey
I hear ya bro. Good for you . I am happy to see it go to an experienced keeper such as yourself. It does in my opinion sound to be a fungus as well. Leave it in the dark as much as possible until you can defeat the fungus. The dark will keep it from growing any further. Good luck .

omojena

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2008
nj
TheFishJunky;3841446; said:
I hear ya bro. Good for you . I am happy to see it go to an experienced keeper such as yourself. It does in my opinion sound to be a fungus as well. Leave it in the dark as much as possible until you can defeat the fungus. The dark will keep it from growing any further. Good luck .
there is no light on his QT tank. daily 90% water change and prazi pro...

its only a matter of time.

thanks!

carcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Fisher Branch, Manitoba, Canada
Well done! That is a beautiful ray and he is lucky that you are his new owner.

omojena

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2008
nj
pulled thew oldest trick in the book this morning. cut up 4 night crawlers in teeny tiny little peices. cut up 2 market shrimp into teeny tiny little peices. put them all in a bowl together in the fridge for about an hour to let the worm gut/blood smell/flavor soak into the shrimp.

after an hour of soaking together i threw them into the tank and lo and behold he ate some shrimp along with the worms!!!! :headbang2:nilly::naughty::grinno:

its only a matter of time now before he achieves the champ status im hoping he will. his new environment of daily water changes and good foods is really making him feel better!

im so excited about this ray!

anyone have any ideas about how old you think he might be?

omojena

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2008
nj
he is still eating and showing less pelvic bone but by no means has his appetite really sky rocketed. its tough to be patient!!! i want him to pig out like my other rays do!!!

he is a bit picky too the bastard!! lol.. he will eat one or two peices of shrimp but then ignore them and then will only take night crawlers. i have experienced this with other rays int the past and it eventually goes away but it sux to wait for it!!!

omojena

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2008
nj
he is still eating night crawlers twice a day and putting on some weight but he still isnt pounding them! it has been 6 days since i got him now. daily 90% water change and prazipro

omojena

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2008
nj
still eating but not pounding. i forgot how long it takes rays to come around! it took him a looooonng time to get this skinny it will take a long time to get him back to normal.

omojena

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2008
nj
finally!!! on day 8 he has decided to step up his appetite. only offered him shrimp this morning instead of his normal meal of chopped crawlers. he ate some but not much. these evening i did a water change and offered some crawlers afterwards. he POUNDED them until he finish nearly all of them.

things are starting to look up

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Good to hear he is eating better. How are the fungus-like spots?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store