Hoplias Lacerdae

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
first pic is Australis last 2 are Lacerdae
I just read this whole thread lol very informative. I could see how yours could be an australis. And the first pic is mala second is australis and last is lacerdae. They say it multiple times. Only thing now is that yours seems to not have the brown to golden color they said it has. Not trying to say yours isn't am australis. Just saying from what was said in the thread, that's the only thing I see pointing away, and the fact I can't seem to see the 5th pore but I will have another look.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
"Also, I do not see how the two fish in the under jaw pics could be the same specimen."

Same specimen??...who supposed that? ...hmmm....I was the one who collected all 3 specimens (malabaricus, australis and lacerdae) during that trip....and I was the one who hold the fishes when the italian guy (Lorenzo Bardotti) took the pics...sorry guys... but the only reason why I started to post here was because I wanted to help....not for be classed as a lier.
bump

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
The first pic is definately a Malabaricus. The second one is Australis (as have parallel dentaries and around 5 pores on each dentary. The 3rd pic looks like a Lacerdae alright, as the dentaries are also parallel but there are more pores on each dentary. See how the colour patter are similar, though...

* This is perhaps the best comparison of pics ive ever seen of live wolf fish. This should be archieved for future reference.

I support Felipes findings 100%. Again thanks Felipe for your collecting and sharing.
Erik
bump

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Here are the pics that Felipe sent me- malabaricus on top, and australis underneath. I will post updated pics of my wolf after work tonight.

View attachment 472162

View attachment 472163
kno4te kno4te that fish in question looks like the one in this thread that's being debated on as far as shape goes. So I still think australis. Lol looks like our first disagreement on an ID v=mala u=lac inbetween equals australis I didn't know hot to possibly pm this to you so pm me with why you disagree if you still do and we can have a friendly debate

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store