hybrid catfish

KenyanSandBoa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2007
Massachusetts
necrocanis;1727068; said:
Hey,

Not sure if anyone is interested, but let's bring this thread back to life! Let's get some updates on everyone's hybrids and see if there's any that we haven't heard of yet!

Here's a pic of my rtc x marble at 15.5", trying to build a bigger tank for in the house so that I can keep him inside a bit longer.
He's beautiful. Do you have pics of the back half? I'm curious to see the affects of the rtc in the marbles caudal fin and peduncle.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
KenyanSandBoa;1727218; said:
He's beautiful. Do you have pics of the back half? I'm curious to see the affects of the rtc in the marbles caudal fin and peduncle.
your wish is my command. Tell me what you are looking for. I study catfish anatomy part time and hopefully full time one day. I have some pics of some of the strange effects of hybridization in the skeleton of my late tsn x marble skeleton. Tons of fused vertebrae, and the penduncile is crazy as all get out. I can only imagine once I get to the TSN x blochii, lol. I do have to say that rtc x marble favors the marble catfish physically, very heavily, but it's apetite, and attitude are very much rtc like. One could very easily pick up this hybrid thinking it was a full marble if you didn't know what you were looking for. I've included a comparison I did a while back. also one of a rtc x tsn hybrid.

cauldal fin penduncile.jpg

hybrid comparison.JPG

RTCxTSN hybrid comparison.jpg

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
How big is he laz? He's gorgeous beyond words!!!

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Is that a hybrid? Looks like a really jacked up clarius to me. Some severe curvature of the spine going on there!

Superlaz

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
USA
19" His markings have always been pretty consistent and bold....love it.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
He's about the size my big guy was when i got him. Mine was 22" already when i got him. Got any pics of when he was little. I love to see comparison growth shots. It always amazes me how much catfish change from itty bitty, to huge and bluberry!!

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
cute. I've been thinking of getting a baby rtc x tsn hybrid since I didn't get to see the big boy grow out from a baby. Catfish are better in pairs anyways lol. Could get that another rtc, and a marble and have my self a growout race. I have enough TSNs as it is, but need a marble, and maybe one more rtc lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store