hybrid catfish

AwolAngler

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2007
South Eastern Ma.
www.myspace.com
he's about 6 in now. I bought him like a month and a half ago and about an inch and a half and my tsn was about 4" now my hybrid is about 6" and the tsn is about 5-5 1/2"

and a pic of the TSN to compare....

enjoy, and let me know what you think
:popcorn:

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
are any of the cat natural hybrids

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
beautiful hybrid awol. I'll put some new pics of mine up after I get home from this 5 day tour at work. I'd love for you to keep posting pics every week or two so that we can see the progressive growth of yours. I got mine when he was 22" so I have only seen his growth from that to his now 33-34". I still plan on getting a ripsaw x tsn sometime, but I have to get some more tanks setup first. hehe.
t1karmann, I very likely doubt that any of the catfish hybrids in larger catfish come from a naturally occuring hybridization. For rtc x tsn they milk the males, and cut out the eggs of the females and combine them in labs to make the mix happen. Only a very small number of the eggs and sperm actually match up to make hybrids. Some use to say that they were accidental hybrids that happened when breeding both species in giant breeding ponds in the amazon, but I find this highly unlikely. Smaller cats probably do hybridize naturally, eg. cories, synos, ect! A ripsaw x tsn is definitely not natural. I can say that one for sure. Took a hell of a geneticist to make that one lol.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
95socalstang;835419; said:
I have a niger hybrid coming in today...Pick up is is less then 2 hours...I will post pics

Can't wait to see some pics of the little monsters to be. Where did you get them from? Keep us updated often with pics of growth.:headbang2

AwolAngler

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2007
South Eastern Ma.
www.myspace.com
Yea man, I'll definitely keep the pics comming as long as people show interest... And I can't wait to see some of those those niger hybrid pics and I always enjoy seeing pics of your cats necrocanis. When I first got my cats i kept looking up info on the hybrid and thats how i found you and this site.... and that's why I'm hear, honestly... Buy everyone I wanna see more pics of everyones hybrid cats!!! And does anyone know if the orange tail on a rtc x tsn developers with age like the red in a rtc? Right now my cat's tail is like a burnt orange brown.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Wow, that's cool to know awol, are you in the military by chance? Air force myself, but anyway, just wanted to let you know that the tail on mine really has some nice color in it now. I have been feeding him tons of shrimp, some with the shell on, minus the tail, and that has really brought out the coloration in the whole fish, he's never looked as good as he does now. I can't wait to take the new pics to show you guys. I would say that his tail is a dark blood red, that fades from the base of the tail out to the tips, it goes from blood red to dark orange, to white frosted tips. Kinda strange I'll just have to take a close up of the tail for you guys to see. I am curious to see a large niger x tsn like 18+"

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
sure you don't just have gulf war syndrome

AwolAngler

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2007
South Eastern Ma.
www.myspace.com
Well since Necrocanis seemed interested... heres some more pics of my rtc x tsn... couple nice tail shots... And can you see the gold toward the base just before his tail fin around the lateral line? Does your rtc x tsn have this necrocanis? ne one else?

:naughty::naughty:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store