I'm done screwin with this !!!

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
I cant be the only one that has this problem. I know better than to buy hob filters for a large tall aquarium, But i did it anyway for a good deal on e-bay. at the time i figure, 110g tank, 2 AqCl 300's thats plenty (6x turn over).
well, after a cloudy tank, fish with ick, dying plants, I decided to take care of bidness.
I got me the display Fluval FX5 for 20% off just cause it was on display.
i will take pics tomarrow Vs the pics yester day and we will see how well this thing works.

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
We don't have 'over kill' on MFK, just more filtering.

Seriously tho, it depends on the bio-load.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Many of those problems you had point to something other than the filters. FYI AC70 (formally known as the AC300) are made by hagen which also makes the fluval line. There is absolutely no problems with running a large tank on HOB filters. The cloudy tank could be from many things, from substrate to fish. The ichthyophthirius is not going to be affected by the filter at all, and the filter would not cause the ich. As for the plants, unless the filter sucked up the plants, or they are co2 dependent/high light plants, the filter did not harm them at all, both of these scenarios would still not be the filters fault.

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
WyldFya;1302556; said:
Many of those problems you had point to something other than the filters. FYI AC70 (formally known as the AC300) are made by hagen which also makes the fluval line. There is absolutely no problems with running a large tank on HOB filters. The cloudy tank could be from many things, from substrate to fish. The ichthyophthirius is not going to be affected by the filter at all, and the filter would not cause the ich. As for the plants, unless the filter sucked up the plants, or they are co2 dependent/high light plants, the filter did not harm them at all, both of these scenarios would still not be the filters fault.
But does not poor water quality cause the likleyhood of more pathogens to take over ?

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
Im sure your right, the buschel of hornwart i had in there has been removed just in case. I have 2 lights on there one bulb is for plants.:confused:

one problem could have been the height of the tank, i put extensions on the hob's intakes, but it didnt seem to do much good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store