I'm done screwin with this !!!

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
FisHaRNekEd;1306630;1306630 said:
But does not poor water quality cause the likleyhood of more pathogens to take over ?
Yes, poor water quality will have a negative impact on your fish. However, the problem for an AC300 pulling water has no effect from the depth of the tank. Only the height of the water line. If I were you, I'd add one or both of the AC70s back on the tank, and keep them there. The FX5 will add to it, but is a little much for a tank that small.

oii

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
Michigan
nice decor.. Your fish are alcoholics too?

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
I have to go along with Wyld on this one... If you can't get your sports car up a steap hill then the answer is a 4X4 NOT a faster sports car...

In simpler terms... what you need isn't MORE filtration but rather the solution to the problem. A white haze like that is one of three things...
Kicked up sand substrait.....that you don't have
A very high level of desolved gasses in the water....something common in freshly set up tanks that usually goes away in a couple of days.
and a bacteria bloom...This is most likely what's going on.
Try reducing the water temperiture to the minimum safe level for your fish for a week or so and cutting you feeding back a great deal.
You can't do much with the lighting without killing off the plants but try raising the fixture slightly above the tank.

Make sure that your ONLY running the stock foam in the FX5 and fill the baskets up with ceramic ring bio-media. Avoid the temptation to use 'polishing' pads or floss. The massive water flow of these filters will clog fine media like that in days...

Lastly...add an air driven hydro5 sponge filter or two (I run one in each corner of our 110 long) to the tank. To be honest...that will do far more about clearing up your water than the FX5 will.

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
WyldFya;1306786; said:
Yes, poor water quality will have a negative impact on your fish. However, the problem for an AC300 pulling water has no effect from the depth of the tank. Only the height of the water line. If I were you, I'd add one or both of the AC70s back on the tank, and keep them there. The FX5 will add to it, but is a little much for a tank that small.

do you mean have the fx5 and the two ac300's on all at the same time?

:WHOA:

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
Wolf3101;1307746; said:
I have to go along with Wyld on this one... If you can't get your sports car up a steap hill then the answer is a 4X4 NOT a faster sports car...

In simpler terms... what you need isn't MORE filtration but rather the solution to the problem. A white haze like that is one of three things...
Kicked up sand substrait.....that you don't have
A very high level of desolved gasses in the water....something common in freshly set up tanks that usually goes away in a couple of days.
and a bacteria bloom...This is most likely what's going on.
Try reducing the water temperiture to the minimum safe level for your fish for a week or so and cutting you feeding back a great deal.
You can't do much with the lighting without killing off the plants but try raising the fixture slightly above the tank.

Make sure that your ONLY running the stock foam in the FX5 and fill the baskets up with ceramic ring bio-media. Avoid the temptation to use 'polishing' pads or floss. The massive water flow of these filters will clog fine media like that in days...

Lastly...add an air driven hydro5 sponge filter or two (I run one in each corner of our 110 long) to the tank. To be honest...that will do far more about clearing up your water than the FX5 will.

i think you may have just solved this puzzle. the tanks been up for around 2 months so its not tooo new.

I asked my roomates if they feed them (i told they could bive em a little if they wanted) then watched my friends idea of "A Little"
i guess a pinch to one is a handful to another !!!

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
LOL like I've said before...booze bottles and such, in all honesty, more closely match nature than pristiene rocks....

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Personally, I wouldn't add the FX5, it isn't needed. The two AC70s and a couple Hydro 5 sponge filters will be far more effective than the FX5.

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
WyldFya;1309670; said:
Personally, I wouldn't add the FX5, it isn't needed. The two AC70s and a couple Hydro 5 sponge filters will be far more effective than the FX5.

oooooooooooooOOOOOOOO too late thou, its been runnin for 2 days now, and the water is clearin up !!! and i hid the fish food.

esse

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2006
Henderson Nevada
I have three tanks and right about four months in operation they all cleared up quite a bit. I don’t think I did anything different, but I believe it took that long to build up enough bacteria to get really good. Seems like the older the tank the clearer the water.
I think you will be fine, give it some time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store