Impossible to get?

BOTR

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2006
All good information guys. Just trying to hoard the lower-jaw species..

Druu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Notre Dame, IN
VVateverzYo;1188680; said:
yeah but the price is ridiculous right now for them so i guess its pretty hard to breed them
Price? Meaning you've found an importer? How much and where are they?

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
i think he meant what they're priced at in japan. anyway, fish in japan are always expensive compared to other places (well excluding australia :D), and the price is always ridiculous when it comes to rare fish in the hobby. Since there are only like 60-70 wild caught bichir bichir in japan as of end of last year, and this is the first time they're bred, its not hard to imagine why they're ridiculously priced, esp. in a country where hobbyists have the means and are willing to pay and are very hardcore. Take farm bred endli in japan, they can still cost a pretty penny, even though they've been farmed for a long time.

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Keeper of the Ropes;1186067; said:
I found some Endlis on aquabid that I liked - I emailed the seller and found out it was
someone with MassiveAggression. We emailed back and forth, and he said he had a variety of species so I asked what he had. This is EXACTLY what he said:

From: Marrin1981@aol.com Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Re: Aquabid Endlis
To: serenghetti_wind@yahoo.com
these are the specie im bringing in, from 20cm-70+cm

retropenus
laparadei
endlcheri
bichir bichir
butokhoffory
palmas
koliba
ansorgeii

i dont deal with the vendor you spoke of but i know of them, practically only other african importer, but i bring them in once a month or so, i specialize in piranha and stingrays mainly, and other predators and oddballs.

Obviously I spazzed and emailed back, asking about the Bichir Bichir. This was in early Sept. Reply was:

From: Marrin1981@aol.com Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 22:30:55 EDT
Subject: Re: Aquabid Endlis
To: serenghetti_wind@yahoo.com
they wont be prices until landed, i have to make sure they come in ok and see DOA and feight etc. keep in touch though ill keep ya posted.

I haven't heard word since, and yes, I've been on his behind about it. Requested pics, quotes, asked if they were in yet two or three times...

So yeah. I think they're impossible to get.

Not to turn this into a vendor thread or but MA orders tend to take little longer they first tell everyone.. Not only that there have been a couple higher end fish that they were supposed to or tried to get and something happened where they just couldn't get them in the end. You know shibby happens so I'm not bad mouthing just being honest. So I guess don't put your eggs all in one basket is what I'm saying.

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
That's great to hear that bichir bichir is being bred in Japan... when they do land in the u.s.... will we be able to tell them apart from laps? :ROFL:

Guinea vs. Koliba... 'nuff said.

VVateverzYo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2007
boston
yeah you can if you keep up your readings lolz plus the Bichir Bichir i think will come with a certificate of authenticity like what they do in Japan because the fish is so expensive lolz

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
VVateverzYo;1189737; said:
yeah you can if you keep up your readings lolz plus the Bichir Bichir i think will come with a certificate of authenticity like what they do in Japan because the fish is so expensive lolz
That's my beef with some of these lower jaws. If I need a certificate to reassure me it's the real thing, then it's not a fish worth the money (to me) because it looks almost identical to a $25 fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store