Impossible to get?

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
thats a valid point. bichir bichir and regular nigerian laps can sometimes look a lot alike. i guess it depends on the person...some will get the differences and some won't, and some will think its worth the price, and some won't think the differences are worth however many times the price of the laps, you know? for me its been my favorite for a long long time, and i've been looking up on it for many years. strangely, regular laps aren't anywhere near the top of my list.

anyway, i don't know if all of the japanese vendors have a certificate for them, or just that particular one. in any case, unless someone specifically imports them from japan, they probably won't come with a certificate when they finally make it into the US. think about it, how many japanese endlis are there in the US?

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Infblue;1189948; said:
thats a valid point. bichir bichir and regular nigerian laps can sometimes look a lot alike. i guess it depends on the person...some will get the differences and some won't, and some will think its worth the price, and some won't think the differences are worth however many times the price of the laps, you know? for me its been my favorite for a long long time, and i've been looking up on it for many years. strangely, regular laps aren't anywhere near the top of my list.

anyway, i don't know if all of the japanese vendors have a certificate for them, or just that particular one. in any case, unless someone specifically imports them from japan, they probably won't come with a certificate when they finally make it into the US. think about it, how many japanese endlis are there in the US?
I agree, that's the case with just about any luxury.

I wish we would see more japanese endli in the states. Some beatiful line bred strains over there. :drool:

Keeper of the Ropes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2006
Texas
Cohazard;1190502; said:
I agree, that's the case with just about any luxury.

I wish we would see more japanese endli in the states. Some beatiful line bred strains over there. :drool:

MMM.... I want one. I must have one. How? Who do I need to talk to? Anyone have one?

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
I'd be happy with ANY endli, or any lap for that matter. We don't get any of the lower jaw species in NZ. :(

I should really move....

marvinbaker

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 1, 2006
canterbury
I got 3 of these that i was sold as p bichir bichir but are apparently guinea laps. not really bothered as they are great fish and didn't cost me a great deal

pbb7.jpg

pbb6.jpg

ocellatus

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2006
Canada
So, which variant are the laps commonly imported and sold in LFS? Guinea, Nigerian or something else? My lap has the lighter green and indistinct markings of the "common" lapradei pics I've seen, and no where near the darker, more vivid colouration I've seen some of yours sporting. :confused:

O

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
ocellatus;1199039; said:
So, which variant are the laps commonly imported and sold in LFS? Guinea, Nigerian or something else? My lap has the lighter green and indistinct markings of the "common" lapradei pics I've seen, and no where near the darker, more vivid colouration I've seen some of yours sporting. :confused:

O
the common ones are Nigerian, but depending on the individuals, they can have very nice contrasting patterns too. its all individual variation and environmental factors.

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
VVateverzYo;1199544; said:
yeah but people still go crazy for the bichir bichir. i guess the more rarer a fish is the more people want it
thats sad if thats the reason for getting a fish...imo...

Druu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Notre Dame, IN
Infblue;1199567; said:
thats sad if thats the reason for getting a fish...imo...
Seems to be tantamount to people buying fancy cars to show off. If they want a rare fish and are capable of providing a good home for them, I say go ahead and let em.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store