Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
cichlid_starter;3336847; said:
I love that idea.

Speaking of which. Any updates/new pics on mikes setup?

And hows that water storage going Bobby? Storing any fish yet? :)
Yes sir. Put the tropheus in the 110. They love the new tank. Too bad I lost the guys that were going in the 125.:(

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
cichlid_starter;3337335; said:
sorry to hear it. what happened?
Not real sure. My only guess is the crappy cincy water, or that there was something in the tote that they camped out in.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
My wife made a smart remark on her way to bed last night. When are you getting this tank out of the sitting room? So after cleaning tanks today, (using a pump now), went a lot faster than I had thought. So I decided to start painting the stand and canopy for the 75. It will take a lot of coats to get done. I got the first coat on the canopy. I will put another few on, and when that is done I will start painting the other pieces of the stand. I might have it up sometime next week.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
mike dunagan;3339903; said:
My wife made a smart remark on her way to bed last night. When are you getting this tank out of the sitting room? So after cleaning tanks today, (using a pump now), went a lot faster than I had thought. So I decided to start painting the stand and canopy for the 75. It will take a lot of coats to get done. I got the first coat on the canopy. I will put another few on, and when that is done I will start painting the other pieces of the stand. I might have it up sometime next week.
Did you sand it first?

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Not, I did not sand. It is actually pretty roughed up. I never check to see. It is holding paint well now. You know how I paint, light coats over and over again.

I am going to put the last coat on the canopy in a half hour. Then I will let it dry and start on other parts of the stand. This stand is one from a store, and it comes in pieces. So I will paint a part at a time. I am only painting what you see, so it should go pretty quick.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
mike dunagan;3340199; said:
Not, I did not sand. It is actually pretty roughed up. I never check to see. It is holding paint well now. You know how I paint, light coats over and over again.

I am going to put the last coat on the canopy in a half hour. Then I will let it dry and start on other parts of the stand. This stand is one from a store, and it comes in pieces. So I will paint a part at a time. I am only painting what you see, so it should go pretty quick.
Slacker!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store