INDY DIY GUYS

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Mike and I worked on electrical last night. We ran into one problem, but I should have the sorted out soon enough. I will be picking up the necessary tools tonight as I will be starting on the mudding next.

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
Wow Pharaoh, thanks for turning me on to this thread. It is very long and going is slow but you and Mike have done awesome work!!!! 2 thumbs up from me. :)

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Thanks Bre!

BTW all. I got the first coat of mud on the walls tonight. There are a few spots I couldn't get, but that's what you get when you set up a tank before you get the drywall finished. LOL

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
WOW! You guys certainly get the persistence award! Your collective rooms look awesome!

Pharaoh, question about your stands: what do you do for lateral bracing? They look super beefy for top loads, but I'd be afraid about any side loads too. Not knocking your skills, you obviously have a lot of experience just curious if you've considered it and any building tricks you have.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
MaddMaxx;3405351; said:
WOW! You guys certainly get the persistence award! Your collective rooms look awesome!

Pharaoh, question about your stands: what do you do for lateral bracing? They look super beefy for top loads, but I'd be afraid about any side loads too. Not knocking your skills, you obviously have a lot of experience just curious if you've considered it and any building tricks you have.
The stand is built deep so that the weight is centered on the stands. I would have no worries about this setup tipping over at all. I have actually climbed on this before(while the tanks were full).

I have all kinds of tricks!:naughty:

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
Pharaoh;3405568; said:
The stand is built deep so that the weight is centered on the stands. I would have no worries about this setup tipping over at all. I have actually climbed on this before(while the tanks were full).

I have all kinds of tricks!:naughty:
noice! you building a stand for the 500? can't wait to see it up and going!

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
MaddMaxx;3405850; said:
noice! you building a stand for the 500? can't wait to see it up and going!
Yes, I gotta get some stuff done in the basement, but the stand is on the list of things to be done.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I guess it time to give this thread some BUMP action. And what better way than with pics!!!!!!!!!!

Ran into issues with fish trying to swim down the plumbing. I knew this was an issue, but I ignored it until it go the best of me. Here's the solution for the plumbing.

I also posted a picture of one of my recent buys.

0829091132.jpg

0901091854.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store