INDY DIY GUYS

JayK1320

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Boston, MA
Pharaoh;2047158; said:
The problem is, once we start working, we forget all about taking pictures until we are done. It's the whole busy beaver syndrome. No time to stop and smell the roses when there's a job to get done.
Your sump is going to be almost twice as big as my tank...damn depressing thats what that is haha I am looking forward to seeing the pics of that bad boy set up.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
It will probably be a minute before I get pick of it all up and running. There's plenty of work to be finished before that. You are more than welcome to come over and lend a hand.:D

Dracor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2008
Indianapolis
Mike, you can check out the dollar tree, dollar store, dollar general. Most dollar general's carry them that I have seen 6 for 1.00

I'm going to have to start picking some up as well to start a central sump for what I think I'm going to start brewing up.:evil_lol:

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
search scrubbies there is a thread I think Dr Joe posted in that had scrubbies for dirt cheap on a case lot, and Lord knows you guys will probably INDYstyle a few cases of them...
I mean like a tenth of that price maybe lower...

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
when I was filling the sump on the 120s I went to 7 dollar stores all over the northside even as far west as zionsville, to Muncie north. I bought all the Muncie stores had. No other dollar store had them in Indy....

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
zennzzo;2051170; said:
search scrubbies there is a thread I think Dr Joe posted in that had scrubbies for dirt cheap on a case lot, and Lord knows you guys will probably INDYstyle a few cases of them...
I mean like a tenth of that price maybe lower...
I searched the site, but there were a truckload of posts that talk about pot scrubbers. I PM'd Dr Joe. We'll see if he responds.

BTW. I bought the rest of the insulation that I'll need for the basement. Now...only if I knew where to get one of the nice razor blade knives with the great attachment...ehem..oh what is it called..ehem....Mike. :D:naughty:

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
OK. I got a reply from Dr. Joe about the scrubbies. Turns out, they are not as cheap as the listing wants you to believe. They are actually about a buck a piece. Looks like I am sticking with the Dollar Tree idea. I might go in there and talk to the manager and see if he can order me a box or two.......or five.:eek:

Dracor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2008
Indianapolis
I was looking online and they were around a buck a piece most places I looked. I'll be sticking to the dollar "stores".

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Ok here's a side thought. But I think a fellow MFK'er and I are going to get the hookup on a couple of 8' sheets of 5/8" glass. This would lead to the inevitable monster tank down in the basement. I LOVE IT!!!!:woot:
I might be going crazy!:hitting:
But since I'm going, I'll invite everyone.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
Pharaoh;2054205; said:
Ok here's a side thought. But I think a fellow MFK'er and I are going to get the hookup on a couple of 8' sheets of 5/8" glass. This would lead to the inevitable monster tank down in the basement. I LOVE IT!!!!:woot:
I might be going crazy!:hitting:
But since I'm going, I'll invite everyone.
I feel an epidemic coming on...:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store