INDY DIY GUYS

Dracor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2008
Indianapolis
That is one thick azz sheet of glass! I was supposed to help put it in the garage, but someone was too pooped to try it. I don't blame him though! I'm just wondering how the heck fun it will be to get down the basement steps when it's time to take it down there! :WHOA::WHOA::WHOA:

I went crazy Friday after delivering aquatic material over to Bobby's and got a crap ton of rocks from the development. My back seat of my jeep was covered with rocks, still have to sweep the dirt out. I probably would have gotten more, but would have liked to have a bucket and a shovel to dig some out. Maybe next time when I go crazy!:nilly:

But yesterday I picked up some lumber to start on my temporary stands that I will be building here in the house. And I cleaned up some of the empty tanks 4x10's 2x20's 1x55 and 1x20 gallon waterfall. All I have to clean now is the empty 75! Woo hoo! I also was able to pick up some more sand 150lbs. So I'm preppin up! :woot:

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Where are the pix? Did the glass survive the return trip?

Dracor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2008
Indianapolis
Myself, I don't have any pics because I don't have a camera readily available. The glass did survive over to his house, but it is still in the van as far as I know. I probably won't get to my project for a little bit, since I have wonderful stuff just spring on me....Stupid Truck to fix!........

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
"We love you dark continent, goodnight!":headbang2
To all my adoring fans:
Here are the pictures you so patiently waited for.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
(I couldn't help it. I'm still reeling from this weekend.)

Sorry for the delay. It appears a Masters degree, a fiance, and a wedding to get ready for can put a cramp in basements and fish tanks.

Without further ado......

Keep in mind this piece did not fit into the van horizontally. Mr. Rally and I had to tilt the big dude and slide it in with brute force. I was wiped after putting it in there. I had not even the faintest urge to take it out of there on Friday. Hopefully sometime this week though. I've been told I have to return the van.:(

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Total group of glass is as follow.

4 - ~2' x 3' pieces of 3/8"
1 - ~2.5' x 7' piece of 1/2"
1 - 5' x 7.5' piece of 1/2"

All glass is tempered. So it looks like the 2.5'x will go towards that monster tank for the basement. the 5' x 7.5' will go back to Rallysman when we build the block tank. (You don't argue Mr. Rally. It's gonna happen. Just a matter of when. haha) I might try to make a sump or a tank out of the other pieces just for fun. I love the Emergency exit pieces!

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
You guy sure build a lot of stuff, I can't believe I missed this thread, especially enjoyed the before and after shots of the stands in Mike's sitting room:)

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Cue the rim-shot!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store