INDY DIY GUYS

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I am on a quest to get my new truck up and going this week. If this happens, I will be attempting to make a trip to the hardware store to start buying loads of 2x4s for the stands and the walls. But how far I get is directly related to how far down the pockets go after payday tomorrow.:D

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Well, loaded some donated fish into the 125 last night. Had to shut down the pump to move around a power outlet. AND... my pump decided to give out. So at 11:00 last night I had to re-plumb my spare pump into the setup. Not my idea of fun. So know I have to start looking for a new pump as the spare really doesn't move enough water.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
Pharaoh;2296942; said:
Well, loaded some donated fish into the 125 last night. Had to shut down the pump to move around a power outlet. AND... my pump decided to give out. So at 11:00 last night I had to re-plumb my spare pump into the setup. Not my idea of fun. So know I have to start looking for a new pump as the spare really doesn't move enough water.
Did you take apart the pump to see what was wrong with it?
I've shut them down before only to have them not restart.

It turned out to be fine grit around the impeller magnet, had settled against the main body of the pump and locked it up tight.

I pulled the impeller cover off and pulled out the impeller assembly, flushed it out and it ran like new again...;)

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I am going to take it apart here in a few minutes and see what is going on. It is definitely the impeller as the electromagnet side appears to be still working. I was tired and didn't want to mess with it last night. Hopefully it will decide to start working again.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Pharaoh;2296942; said:
You want to try using Juwel power heads, they are great when they come with the tank but break when you look at them, of fart in they're direction, and they are the only ones that fit:irked:

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Great news. I think I got the pump working again. I just have to go test it. But "IRON MAN" has scheduled itself for my time right now.:headbang2

I also did some major cleaning a arranging in the basement. You can actually move around in there again. Or start building more tank stands!!:headbang2

Hopefully, I will start building the acrylics tank stands on Sunday.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Yanbbrox;2298306; said:
You want to try using Juwel power heads, they are great when they come with the tank but break when you look at them, of fart in they're direction, and they are the only ones that fit:irked:
Proprietary parts I HATE THEM... there really should be a standard for which all components fit...seems like the crap stuff is always the oddball sizes too....:irked:

Pharaoh;2298552; said:
Great news. I think I got the pump working again. I just have to go test it. But "IRON MAN" has scheduled itself for my time right now.:headbang2

I also did some major cleaning a arranging in the basement. You can actually move around in there again. Or start building more tank stands!!:headbang2

Hopefully, I will start building the acrylics tank stands on Sunday.
Great Movie, I thought...

What was wrong with the pump? ;)

I know, I know, :)

More room= More tanks/stands/sumps...

so tell me whats new in Indy, huh huh huh?!:D:D:D:D:D

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Seemed as though the pump was just a little dirty on the inside around the impeller. Cleaned everything up really well. I am going to go try it now and see if it works.

If I get the chance to start building. I will be setting up about 20+ tanks or so.

I just bought a new camera so I have been playing with that learning how to use it to take better pictures. Matter of fact, I will go take some pictures right now.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Pharaoh;2300340; said:
Seemed as though the pump was just a little dirty on the inside around the impeller. Cleaned everything up really well. I am going to go try it now and see if it works.

If I get the chance to start building. I will be setting up about 20+ tanks or so.

I just bought a new camera so I have been playing with that learning how to use it to take better pictures. Matter of fact, I will go take some pictures right now.
PIX!!...YaaaaaaY!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store