Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
rallysman;2268414; said:
One really cheap/effective way to make the drip plate and tray that the media is on strong is to zip tie PVC parallel to the egg crate. It makes it damn near unbreakable.

Edit: pix

I was thinking of using that plastic pegboard that you can but , but I haven't decided. I would say that ours looks quite a bit similar.

The only thing I have noticed out of mine it the tendency for the water on the pump side to become stagnant. I have put an air stione in there to correct for now, hopefully increased flow will fix it in the long run. Otherwise I will have to create a spill wall to keep the water moving.

Dracor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2008
Indianapolis
Bobby, you have that 3/4" PVC you could use to strenghten it if you wanted. And also for a plate I would just use an old tote top which should fit tight enough.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
You'll need to strengthen the peg board. I have 1/8 plastic with tons of holes drilled for my drip plate, but it uses the egg crate for support.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I might throw in a couple of supports when I put the pegboard on top. I don't remember how thick the pegbord is, but from what I remember is that it is probably at least 1/4". We'll have to see how it goes, hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to work on it.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
1/4 will bow. You'll need some type of support.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I will probably do the same thing as I did on the lower egg crate and place some supports underneath to hold it up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store