zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
Pharaoh;2781693; said:
Looking good.
Ditto...and KUDOS to all!

Yeah I read and read that page on controllers, and the 2 stage wasn't fitting in to the scheme of things...

I found another controller on EB and it has a single plug for a single 1K watt element...I'm gonna get it I think and then Hard-wire my 2 x 250 Stealths to that and run them in the sump to the new Acrylic 72x30x24 I just ordered...
If I solder the leads and use silicone filled heat shrink tubing and shrink it on the connections when the silicone dries it'll be Ocean proof...Plugs are great and all but I want this set-up to be Monster clean...

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
zennzzo;2781775; said:
Ditto...and KUDOS to all!

Yeah I read and read that page on controllers, and the 2 stage wasn't fitting in to the scheme of things...

I found another controller on EB and it has a single plug for a single 1K watt element...I'm gonna get it I think and then Hard-wire my 2 x 250 Stealths to that and run them in the sump to the new Acrylic 72x30x24 I just ordered...
If I solder the leads and use silicone filled heat shrink tubing and shrink it on the connections when the silicone dries it'll be Ocean proof...Plugs are great and all but I want this set-up to be Monster clean...

A new tank? Rockin!

Sounds like a good plan, but what are you wiring? I guess I missed that part. I will share some of my electrnics trick with you.......One thing to do with shrink sleeving when waterproofing is to squirt a small amount of silicone into the sleeving before you shrink it. This will ensure that you have a solid watertight seal.:thumbsup:

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
Pharaoh;2785176; said:
A new tank? Rockin!

Sounds like a good plan, but what are you wiring? I guess I missed that part. I will share some of my electrnics trick with you.......One thing to do with shrink sleeving when waterproofing is to squirt a small amount of silicone into the sleeving before you shrink it. This will ensure that you have a solid watertight seal.:thumbsup:
I'm putting 2 250watt STEALTHS on a controller...

that heatshrink/silicone trick, we have been using that on the wiring on commercial boats for aeons...

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
zennzzo;2785277; said:
I'm putting 2 250watt STEALTHS on a controller...

that heatshrink/silicone trick, we have been using that on the wiring on commercial boats for aeons...
Learned that working on tanks and lasers. :D

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Got the drip plate on and a quick cover made for the SUMP. I was going to install the drain line for the sump today, but now I can't find the hole saw to cut the overflow hole int he sump. Bummer.

I'll post pics when I get back from an errand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store