INDY DIY GUYS

mdstark

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2006
Indianapolis
If any of you Indy guys are in the process of finishing your stands, you might want to swing by Menards this week (at least the one on the southside off southport road). They are having a great sale on molding this week. I picked up 64 feet of oak chair rail molding for $32- regularly price would have been $136. They had similar sales on crown molding as well ($54 pieces on sale for $11). Lots of different molding on sale for about 20% regular price.

shenzhenluohan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2007
Arborg MB, Canada
Gentlemen, I just spent the entire day (between marking finals) reading this thread. Well done to all of you!! I've got 1 more week before summer holiday starts then have 6 weeks to start my own "Indy style" projects. Cheers for the inspiration :)
subscribed!!

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
NotoriousSway;3204238; said:
looking good, is the 30g sump for the 75g planted tank? and are the two 55g going to be on the central system?
I just realized I hadn't answered this question.

The sump will go on the two 55s. It would be a mess trying to hook them up to the central system. Beside, I have been trying to utilize this sump since before I moved. LOL

The planted tank will be filtered by an XP3. I would have done a sump, but since it will be a planted tank, I am going to attempt to keep the water churning down to a minimum.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
shenzhenluohan;3220782; said:
Gentlemen, I just spent the entire day (between marking finals) reading this thread. Well done to all of you!! I've got 1 more week before summer holiday starts then have 6 weeks to start my own "Indy style" projects. Cheers for the inspiration :)
subscribed!!
Thanks!

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Update...

I actually got a chance to do some work last night. I slapped a couple coats of paint onf the 75. I should have sand in it by tomorrow.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
zennzzo;3226550; said:
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
I don't see the images bro...
There's nothing exciting about a half-painted tank. :D

I'll save pics for when the paint is done, sand is in and the filter is churning water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store