Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California
View attachment 755503

This is Jack.. (cam hog) You can see the blue in the spangles.. he has the blue dots on his cheeks and some in his sides but cant really tell until he darkens in color..

View attachment 755504
& these are the other ones...
If you have or get anymore pics of them please post them...would love to see one of them in a focused shot!

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
do you think i can maybe get this same hybrid as I have 3 jack dempseys and soon 16 convict fry! So possibly some might pair off? but they might not. So I hope they are all starting to pair off when i get them

Loshmitchell101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Ive seen these before in vegas also. Weve bought flowerxcon before which keep more of a convict trait also. Our hybrids stay under 6". Convict hybrids seem to take on more convict then anything unless bred to a texas. My avatar is my hybrid.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I may have some jd and convict hybrids myself at some point. My female convict and a jd seem to be pairing off. I'll soon be adding a Texas Jag to the tank till I can afford a seperate larger tank for the texas jag. Will have to be soon, because I can see a possible fight coming out of that mix.

kdogg420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2012
Utah
utahfishin.weebly.com
I may have some jd and convict hybrids myself at some point. My female convict and a jd seem to be pairing off. I'll soon be adding a Texas Jag to the tank till I can afford a seperate larger tank for the texas jag. Will have to be soon, because I can see a possible fight coming out of that mix.
Yeah if your con and jd are paired your jag would get bullied

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
The Texas Jag coming in is about 3 times their size. The tank I'm using now is a temporary situation, I hope. I'll get a separate tank for the texas jag as soon as I can.

KeithB

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2013
Brisbane Australia
I obtained a JD X convict hybrid from a local aquarium as a bit of a curiosity - it grew bigger than a convict, to be expected, then bigger than a JD and became a bit too aggressive when it paired off. Tons of personality though and a nice looking fish with some of the Jack's spangles but still not as nice as either parent species. I have yet to see a JD X pink convict - that may be another case altogether.

More recently I picked up 5 SGTXconvict youngsters, possibly 2 females and 3 males. They are only 2-3" (males bigger) at this stage and will obviously undergo a lot of changes however they are already - in my opinion much more attractive than the JD hybrid - still with the convict bars but also big pearls of green between them. The girls appear to be looking for males at the moment - early maturers like their convict counterparts I guess.

Twoface

Feeder Fish
Jun 18, 2017
So i went to my LFS today and they had this Hybrid,I have to admit it took me a few steps back :) ..They wanted $15 each....but they looked like what they claimed..any thoughts? If i go back ill take a pic .
I have this pet store near me that has convicts Jack Dempsey hybrid I don't know if they real do they really exist or is this just another fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store