Keyhole Cichlids

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Anyone kept these guys?

My friend has a small peaceful community with two of these at the centre, planted tank; and they look amazing, definitely a good shout for anyone with a spare 15-20 gallon that they need ideas for.

Some pics I nicked from the internet below lol, too many project ideas, not enough space or cash :D

Someone do this so I can live vicariously through you :p

ht2943.jpg

aequidens_maronii_6.jpg

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
I had a few for a while, I loved them. I would build a tank around some in a heartbeat if I had the space.I thought I had some better pictures of mine but this is one of the only ones I could find

Last edited:

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I might try and convince my friend to sell me his, if i can sort a spare tank out; I think he told me he promised them to someone else though, so fingers crossed.

Would hopefully make for a good long term breeding project, i tend to stay clear from other cichlids as the fry turnarund is insane; and I'm not keen on breeding fish simply for fry to end up as feeders. Just my thing.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
They are pretty shy breeders, I never managed to turn that trick. I would love to try again in a tank dedicated to them.

Reactions: convict360

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
They are pretty shy breeders, I never managed to turn that trick. I would love to try again in a tank dedicated to them.
that was my experience too, they would go through the motions every now and then and I would get excited but they would never seal the deal. good luck with yours though convict!

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
A very underrated great cichlid thanks for posting.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store