King kong or not? male or female?

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
It's not as simple as the mouth closing or not. Yours is 100% BP.

illbethejudge

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
Miami, FL
It's not as simple as the mouth closing or not. Yours is 100% BP.
i know that. is just that i read that here in the forum.
What i wonder is if i ever get a king kong parrot without shedding hundreds of dollars. probably not. Also i posted a picture of one of my other parrots in this thread about and i will like your opinion. would you mind taking a looks. thanks for everyones help.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Your other fish looks like some sort of short bodied FH. Could be a BP mix, I have no idea.

Reactions: illbethejudge

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
View attachment 1337998 Also i bought 2 of this a while ago sold to me as fowerhorn parrots. the guy i got them from breed thems himself. he uses a male flowerhorn and a female blood parrot. i was told by someone here that this is a pure flowerhorn which i don't believe. thanks for all your help.
That is a Shortbody or bonsai flowerhorn. That someone who told you that is @animalmagic
You should look up his profile and read some of his threads. He is probably the most knowledgeable flowerhorn guy on this site as that’s mostly what he posts about and has a lot of masterpieces. BTW: lots of people breed female parrots with male Flowerhorns for various reasons

Reactions: D. Nadalin

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I think the OP is a bit confused as to what the seller told him, and what he has. All flowerhorns are hybrid crosses, and all short body FH can also be referred to as bonsai. The seller was simply telling illbethejudge how this short body was created. I had already pointed out that it was a short body.

Reactions: illbethejudge
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store