Lets Show Off those Polypterus!

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
tezr;1955846; said:
Wow nice green on that Moke :headbang2:headbang2:headbang2:drool::drool:.... They are lookers for sure just wish mine was less shy...
Thanks brutha! His pec fins are very green, but the camera didn't catch it at the right angle.

Try less hiding places, that worked for mine. Some people say they're more active with more hiding spots though.

Nice fish Tigerlover!

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I just put in an order for 2 more 7'' wild ornates and a 7" wild congi..no endis or lap's on the list yet..I ordered a congi last time but im told its a palmas by one of the mfk members....I looked and they had congis and palmas on the list...so Im pretty sure its a congi I have. Beautiful bichirs tigerlover....I really like the look of your congi..HFG those bichirs make that tank look small.

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
gangster;1958496; said:
I just put in an order for 2 more 7'' wild ornates and a 7" wild congi..no endis or lap's on the list yet..I ordered a congi last time but im told its a palmas by one of the mfk members....I looked and they had congis and palmas on the list...so Im pretty sure its a congi I have.
lapradei is mislabeled as 'congicus' quite often at LFS, unless they order from a supplier who knows bichirs. But based on the your experience last time, that probably isn't the case. Anyway just a heads up. hope you get a congicus :)

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I got my order of 2 7" wild bichirs and another 7" wild congi...beautiful litlle guys. An albino senegal came into the lfs as a mixup as well. So I picked him up as well. And he is cool. His spikes are way kick ass. Now all I need is some endi's.

alby.JPG

orny.JPG

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
gangster;1969235; said:
I got my order of 2 7" wild bichirs and another 7" wild congi...beautiful litlle guys. An albino senegal came into the lfs as a mixup as well. So I picked him up as well. And he is cool. His spikes are way kick ass. Now all I need is some endi's.
nice little fellas. is that other one with your ornates what was labeled as 'congicus'? if so, its a palmas polli.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Okay...I stand corrected again. I have an 8" wild ornate and 2 7" wild ornates, two palmas pollis-9'' and 7'' and an albino senegal. I wonder if I ordered palmas pollis would they then turn out to be congis?

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Some recent 'night' shots :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store