Lets Show Off those Polypterus!

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
AHMAD;1974617; said:
cohazard,can i know, what type of ur fine gravel?? very nice n very clean.
Thank you AHMAD, I had given up on gravel, but when I found this one, it was perfect to me!

I don't know how available it is in other places, it's probably common in parts of asia, but I just don't know. Of the 10 fish stores I visit here in so cal, only one place had this gravel, and they only had 3 bags of it. So, I guess you can say this is 'rare' gravel.

Hopefully it's available near you, here is the bag it came in:

Vandecruz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2008
Singapore Rio Xingu
Hi Everyone,i m a newbie here who just start out in this new hobby ,will like to share my first cute Baby Bichir and sorry for the poor photo taken,lastly hope to learn more infos regarding Bichir from u guys:D

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
very nice ornate! reminds me of mine! :)

Vandecruz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2008
Singapore Rio Xingu
Thank alot all bros for your kind words,indeed its a very cute monster,basically now i m feeding it with mainly Beefheart but would like to check with u guys what live food is good for them to hunt and for water parimeter what PH and Temp they will do best in,thank alot

Vandecruz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2008
Singapore Rio Xingu
sirkero_gwapo;1978280; said:
very nice ornatipinnis whats its size now? its soon to be a monster
Thank for your nice comments,currently its is very small ard 5 inches long only that why i called it a baby monster:D

fishdance

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
Havent had time to go through this whole thread but I dropped into a fish farm recently where they spawn a lot of polypterus. They had some short bodied platinum endlicheri which I think are fairly rare so I took a couple of photos. This one was about 6cm

Chris006

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2007
Brick
fishdance;1988584; said:
Havent had time to go through this whole thread but I dropped into a fish farm recently where they spawn a lot of polypterus. They had some short bodied platinum endlicheri which I think are fairly rare so I took a couple of photos. This one was about 6cm

Wow!!! Looks like horns on a DRAGON!!!!:WHOA::WHOA::WHOA:

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Doesn't look SB to me, but it is gorgeous!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store