Lets Show Off those Polypterus!

Kohaku

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2007
Fish World
Here is pictures of my 2 moke. One male while the other a female. Being with me for 2 months already, hard to come by in Singapore.

Does anyone know where I can get palmas palmas and at what price?

P1010419.JPG

P1010363.JPG

FSM

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Georgia
I bet they are a ton easy to photograph than other fish.

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
how much you wanna bet?

uwe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
Germany
Hello FSM,

i don't think they are easy to photograph ...

What's about the problem with the "red eyes" when using flash? I'm photographing fishes - cichlids, snakeheads, catfish and so on - okay, they are moving with more or less speed ... but their eyes are most time pictured in a very natural way.
To do this with bichirs you have to find out the right angle to photograph (the tolerance is very small) or you have to use an extern flash unit (i do so).
But some species (Polypterus delhezi, to name one of them) do have a much more reflective retina - so it's very difficult to make pics without the "red-eyes-effect".
Another way is to photograph without flash - a possibility in a heavy-lightened tank without plants. But you can't avoid some noise (i hope i'm using the correct word in english) due to the higher ISO-levels and the pics won't be as sharp as those which were made using a flash unit.

Greetings

Uwe

draco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2007
Wisconsin
Hey, I just got my moonlight today and I promised I would post some pics. Thanks again to Bichirs4life for the info.

Bichirs4life;1500477; said:
No problem! Be sure to post pics when you get it all set up! :)
moonlight1.jpg

moonlight.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store