Iceland
Thanx these are almost the only bichirsyou can get here in iceland
I want an ansorgii so bad

yoimb0b

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2006
???
CDM how do you make sure they all get a good amount of food? Do you feed everyday? Just curious cause I only have 9 bichirs, and even with 9 its hard for them all to get food it seems.

draco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2007
Wisconsin
Hey CDM what kind of filtering and water changes do you keep on that 180 with all those monsters in there. I only ask because I have a 125 with a fire and tiretrack eel 2 senegalus and a palmas 2 ropes and them some smaller scavengers and danio. I would like to add a couple more bichirs but don't want to push the limits. I would think you must have quite a bio load with all those awesome fish in yours. Here are some pics of mine.

Bichir-sen.jpg

Bichir-sen.jpg1.jpg

danio.jpg

Fire-eel-bichir.jpg

Nag 2.jpg

tank.jpg

draco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2007
Wisconsin
Jakob;1627231; said:
Thanx these are almost the only bichirsyou can get here in iceland
I want an ansorgii so bad
Sorry there Jakob didn't mean to leave you out. you have some nice looking bichirs there, and I know what you mean, here in Wisconsin you only get the few more common ones also. I have been trying to find a Delhezi for awhile now. Good luck to you.

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
superb photos CDM! i love both of your congicus especially! male bichirs a lot of times don't like to eat as much and can be hard to put on some mass, but your big congicus has gotta be the roundest male bichir i've seen! good job!

yoimb0b;1627422; said:
CDM how do you make sure they all get a good amount of food? Do you feed everyday? Just curious cause I only have 9 bichirs, and even with 9 its hard for them all to get food it seems.
according to CDM, their staple diet is feeder goldfish, buffet style :D so i guess its all down to the individual's feeding/hunting instinct.

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Iceland
draco;1627651; said:
Sorry there Jakob didn't mean to leave you out. you have some nice looking bichirs there, and I know what you mean, here in Wisconsin you only get the few more common ones also. I have been trying to find a Delhezi for awhile now. Good luck to you.
I could probably order a delhezi but it would cost at least 200$:irked:
The price of a
senegalus 40-50$
Ornatipinnis 200$
palmas polli-have only seen once in real life
palmas palmas-only seen once
these are the only polypterus i have ever seen in real life:irked:

I still want an ansorgii so bad

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008