Making my 800 gal larger.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
dantedobe;2805544; said:
:nilly: Is my life sad because I find this exciting?
No :) It is exciting. I have never seen a home built aquarium with this shape and dimensions. Its very exciting and the OP got it to work even more impressive with his own hands. Hats off monsterfishrescue!

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
Thank you thank you! :D I had a small confrence to go to this morning but when I got home I got this incredible burst of energy... I went out back and cut the top off a tree I cut down last year and put it in the tank! LOL It's 9' long, and the picture isn't all that great because of the bubbles on the glass... I couldn't find my magna sweep:irked:

Not only that but I got a half a ton of wash stone and brought most of it down to get ready to rinse it:cry: It was fun carying two five gallon pails full down stairs at a time... 12 buckets should do it...

AND I also brought in all of the decor that was under the pond liner outside the back door... :screwy:

I'm begining to think there's seriously somethng wrong with me:nilly:

As for the tank, the pump is dialed in and working well, things might change with that once all the jets are in but I'll deal with it... I plugged the pump back in at 6:45 am this morning and the heater had gotten the sump water up to 80*. After being gone for four hours the tank it's self climed 11* up to 72*... Then I decided to shut the thermostat off, there was no real reason to heat the tank up just to drain it Saturday AM... After I'm done posting it's down to the fish room for a few hours to start cleaning gravel, then I've got parent teacher confrences to night... I hate when life gets in the way of fun stuff... anyone wanna come over and rinse a half a ton of gravel?:ROFL:

5am

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2006
lalaland
nice work. is the wood dead?? if not would it leach anything out into the water or affect the parameters?

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
I've never been one to concern myself with "parameters" I'm old school. I subscribe to the K.I.S.S. method. listen, here's the thing... If a tree were to fall in the water, dead or alive what typically happens? The fish flock to it for cover... Could you see them saying to each other...

"Hey Bob, this water tastes like crap"
"Yeah Jim, let's get outa here"

My point is... well, I really don't have one except for I'm not worried LOL The tree was cut down in the middle of summer about 8-9 months ago. I'm sure eventually tannins will leech into the water but nothing that will hurt the fish... How's that go... God made dirt, dirt don't hurt... Also, live or dead wood will leech things into the water :) And if any bugs like a grub or something eventually finds it's way out... I'm pretty sure something will take care of it :D No worries mate :) Although... it did have some yellow snow on it when I put it in the water LOL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store