More tank pics, updated

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Blackbeard is an excellent father. He carries chunks of plants to the fry and spits them. The little ones eat loose particles of plant and pellets.

blackbeard dad.jpg

Reactions: Matth05

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Sisters Sharky (L) and Tigger (R) face off, protecting their babies! Sharky's fry are barely visible free swimmers. The males (Neet and Blackbeard) watch their respective families from the back corners.

sister face off.jpg

Reactions: Matth05

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Yes people, this is a honduran redpoint. Brutus is now the biggest tank in the 125, edging out even Stripey and Bubba. He eats like a siphon, is very personable and extremely curious. He's also still growing. Just massive.

Big Brutus.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Not so good news. And just like that, I'm down another big striped hrp male.

So after chasing smell for days (see "Ode to Odor" thread) today it returned. Not as bad as before but definitely noticeable. Sniffed around and went past the 125...it was due for a w/c today anyway so I figured the filters. Wrong.

Drained the water down to an inch, started the refill. Went away for a few minutes for a cleanup rag. Came back and saw one of the big males leaned against the front wall in the center of the tank. Tank was dark because everything is on one power strip and I turn it off while I work. Fish didn't look right even in the dark. Dead as a doornail. Fins were chewed up and the eyes were rolled downward. Either the fish just died or it was a hit. Whatever happened must have occurred overnight.

I've been doing a headcount of the striped males. I know who it isn't. I suspect Scooter but because the fish was faded the identifying color/marks and fins were messed up. Didn't appear to be Bubba or Stripey but I won't know for certain until everyone comes out for food.

What's creepy is someone pushed the body out front when I came back. I have no real suspects but it's a good thing I did the w/c today.

No suspects but Mongo has taken over the cave Stripey and Scooter claimed for over a year. Either he was involved somehow or is just taking advantage of the situation. Could have even been the syno possibly. I may never know.

goes on and on...

1723578477346.png

• Sad
Reactions: AR1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store