Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
It's May and time for updates.

On Brick:

L x W x H

~11" x 2" x 4 1/2"

So he only grew a more conventional 1 inch longer this time but has thickened slightly and gotten more height. He scrapes 2 inches at his widest point. The 4 1/2 inches high is body size only, not including fin spread. He's a hair under 11 inches long.

For three days I tried in vain to get a clean length measurement of my stubborn O. Short of netting him out it was hopeless. He wouldn't stop moving the minute he saw the ruler or slid away from the glass. I nearly had him during the water change Tuesday, he was smashed against the glass because he tried to force his wide *** through some plants and got stuck. But I get the ruler and he powers out of his jam and swims away. Then I got lucky and he just swam next to the glass and stopped. So I got my measurement.

So water change days are Tuesday and Saturday. The first set of pics are from yesterday. There was a lot going on. Chip and Rex scuffled in open water but by the time I got my camera it was over. This thing with Synos liking to 'touch' fish with their barbels is not going over well with my cichlids. The good thing is Rex doesn't do it a lot. This is good for his health and safety (more on that). Recently he's been getting scraped and nicked a lot and I'm pretty sure his 'touching' has a lot to do with it.

So I posted before that Brick had pulled a filter pad from one of the hob overflows days ago. There was a repeat after the water change on Tuesday. Of course everyone is innocent...those pads just jump from the filters on their own:

filter pad out 1.jpg

Innocent.jpg

Mischief.jpg

Reactions: Fishflyer

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
So Rex decides to "Whisker" Brick while he's protesting on the bottom. He starts at Brick's tail then moves across his body. At one point he got underneath Brick and tried to nudge him up. Brick wouldn't budge.

Protest 4.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store