my 125 gallon Central American cichlid tank

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Right, like Eco Complete. I've looked at it and would probably use it if I ever did a heavily planted tank. I'm not sure it's less sharp than that gravel I'm looking at. It's basically a porous rock. It's not really what I want for this tank though.
There is a soft fibrous type one available.
I was reading about it a few months ago in a British magazine called practical fishkeeping.
They done a feature on satanoperca deamon and highly recommended it for eartheaters tanks.
I will have a look through and see if I can find out what it's called.

Jason_S

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Indianapolis, IN USA
That would work. Blue, there are pics in this thread.
How big were they before they were sex-able? Am I correct in thinking that the mixteco blue are one of the species where the female gets the black blotch in the dorsal and the males don't?

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Any chance either of you guys want a large female HRP and a 3" male Rainbow? Great fish, just looking to make some changes.

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
How big were they before they were sex-able? Am I correct in thinking that the mixteco blue are one of the species where the female gets the black blotch in the dorsal and the males don't?
Yes, you can tell pretty much from 1.5" on mine. It gets darker as they get bigger. It's solid black on my larger females.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Sajica's are really easy to sex. Females have gold/yellow around the outside dorsal fin. Males do not. Start looking for it in pics, or your fish, and you'll see what I mean.

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Sajica's are really easy to sex. Females have gold/yellow around the outside dorsal fin. Males do not. Start looking for it in pics, or your fish, and you'll see what I mean.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it. Right now they are too little, really no color at all yet.

ahud

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Adam,

You are making me want to add either a pair of Thorichthys or Crytpoheros to my 125g. So what are you deciding to go with?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store