My 55 gallon derimed is still alive 🤣

Luiseenator

Feeder Fish
Apr 25, 2023
This is ballsy lol I did the same with a 10gallon. Lasted for about 3 water changes then the corner just shattered lol looks good tho . Deff will be following

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
This is ballsy lol I did the same with a 10gallon. Lasted for about 3 water changes then the corner just shattered lol looks good tho . Deff will be following
I spent hours carefully (and successfully) derimming a 10 gallon, only for it to crack when I was dumping the sand in, since the sand was wet, and decided to come out in a big 10 pound clump. The universe did not want me to have a derimmed 10 gallon

Reactions: Luiseenator

Travisjaso9

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2022
Idek
That ones the nail in the coffin… top brace will def. out last the bottom seams blowing out tho lol… tempered bottom glass tanks with trim only need to be supported on each end… if u by chance have the other end table u can use em both with the middle open no problem.
It's still doing 💯 almost a year later now and my Oscar is getting big but I got tone of filtr

IMG_20240707_234958560.jpg

Reactions: wednesday13

Travisjaso9

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2022
Idek
It's been a month if you keep water levels low it'll never exceed the weight rating it's complicated basically since I live in a dry climate I have to do frequent water additions so it never gets the chance to really break the seal if it does it's in my bedroom so I'm right here to save sour patch if she does have a whoopsie

Travisjaso9

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2022
Idek
It's been a month if you keep water levels low it'll never exceed the weight rating it's complicated basically since I live in a dry climate I have to do frequent water additions so it never gets the chance to really break the seal if it does it's in my bedroom so I'm right here to save sour patch if she does have a whoopsie
A year*

• Wow
Reactions: tlindsey

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
  • Haha
Reactions: Travisjaso9

Travisjaso9

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2022
Idek
Ahhh u cheated tho lol… u didnt leave it on the end table with both sides hanging off 😂💀
True 😂 butt Idk I was always worried about that idea but I had my fish tank in the living room before I didn't want my little cousins or someone dropping something in there now that I have my own room I put it back on the floor where the bottom can have a bit more support 💀 it def would have been busted if I had it on that table by they time we decided to move it I found out one of the legs were already cracked on the dresser it was a very stupid and scetch setup but hey at least sour patch didn't end up choking on a toy

Travisjaso9

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2022
Idek
I spent hours carefully (and successfully) derimming a 10 gallon, only for it to crack when I was dumping the sand in, since the sand was wet, and decided to come out in a big 10 pound clump. The universe did not want me to have a derimmed 10 gallon
Shoot add substrate after adding water it'll make the rock fall less hard or lay the bag of rock in the tank then spread them out that's how I see a lot of YouTubers do it you always wanna be careful with rocks I have a derimed 25 gal tall that houses my pacman frog idk if I'm allowed to post that here

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Shoot add substrate after adding water it'll make the rock fall less hard or lay the bag of rock in the tank then spread them out that's how I see a lot of YouTubers do it you always wanna be careful with rocks I have a derimed 25 gal tall that houses my pacman frog idk if I'm allowed to post that here
It was a hermit crab tank

Travisjaso9

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2022
Idek
It was a hermit crab tank
Ohhh nvm you can use coco coir substrate it works better for them plus allows them to dig you can also do a coir sand mix I never tried it but i heard people having success with it
Use coir or sand or both never rocks hermits can hurt them selfs on big rocks they also like to dig and might get stuck under a rock

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store