my almost 100 gal tank

Desire

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2011
The Netherlands, purmerend
So... as i have been here ALL day i thought, you know, i am gonna show these nice people my tank. As it was before the power outtage that killed a LOT of my fish and some of the old residents i have now rehomed, and as the tank is now.
Before anyone starts on my colloseum::chillpill: my husband liked it, and as he payed over $300 dollars to redo my tank I had to give him some input as well. So suck it up and look past it!;)
I will start with how it was:

So, that was kind of what it looked like before a massive power outtage killed most of my fish. I came downstairs, saw the carnage and called my husband in tears...
In response, my husband the kindhearted man he is, took me to the lfs the following weekend to redecorate my tank and get some new inhabitants...
This is the result:

well, there you have it, enjoy and let me know what you think... oww and btw, there is more stone on the way for these guys!!

Yellow_Perch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
Michigan
nice tank how big is that pleco?

Yellow_Perch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
Michigan
Desire;5033617; said:
that is Big Boi, I had to find him a new home as he got way too big for this tank. He was roughly about 50-55cm in length.
He now lives in a 3 metre tank.
oh cool i saw you wrote in metric and wondered why lol turns out you like in the Netherlands lol my bad. not used to metric system..but anyways yea sorry for your losses it is always hard..i lost the pictus catfish myself in the past (your first pic)..but yea keep us all updated. :D:headbang2

bigbadfish711

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2010
graham, nc
I think your tank looks great. Normally I don't like the ornaments/arena like that but you have pulled it off.

Desire

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2011
thanks! I am normally not one for ornaments either, I like to keep it as close to real as possible. But that said, this seems to work, the fish enjoy it too, and heck, they don't know the difference between the collosseum and other stones...
My 2 cirhorrus use it as a home, the mbuna are all around and in it.
Now if only i can find more grey stone i am DONE!

Yellow_Perch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
Michigan
i like the featherfin..right? i hope that is right i would like dumb ha my second "guess" is synodontis lace catfish..

Desire

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2011
it's a syno... although I never quite knew what kind.
It was hand tamed in about 2 days and the silly beast liked to be petted...
I only had it for a week, and I haven't seen any fish like it since over here. Now I am looking for the syno angelicus, lol, which is impossible to get over here, as well as a couple of Neolamprologus Helianthus. I wish myself the best of luck... LMAO... :D :p

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store